Forum Contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that. i am pretty dissipointed about that to. i do not approve of that. We are talking about lazer correct? Anyway, BAC was awesome!

Hello pointless internet Drama.

People made a funny, and others got teh sads over it?
Every single day since 1998 people have made funnies but other got teh sads over dem?
Yes.

Let me clear up some things.

We are not reusing any prizes, that would be childish, and unfair. But most importantly, it would be horrendously disrespectful to the efforts of the other portablizers in the BH contest, and even more so disrespectful to hailrazer for donating them.

Now, for my role in this. (spoilerz lulz)

Lazer will be donating his prizes to me, I have spoken with him, and he has agreed that they would be going to the most capable hands, the same thing goes with bacteria's prizes. What I will be doing with them will remain a mystery for now, but rest assured that they will be going towards a good purpose and will not be disrespected on any account.

Thank you for donating them to the BH contest, and I can only hope that you forgive me for this misunderstanding.

SS

jleemero said:

Every single day since 1998 people have made funnies but other got teh sads over dem?
Yes.

Lol. Might sig that, it is teh best evar.

jleemero said:

Yes.
Some peoples made teh funnies in teh 1400's and others got teh sads over it. They laffed at chrissy c'lumbis, and he got teh sads. :(

In all seriousness, the "chrome NES 2000!!!!!1!" did take it a bit too far, especially since palmer and others, including myself (sorta), have a constant income and could buy things like prizes for our own contests. For the record, hailraizer, my vote was not influenced by this foolishness in any way.

I don't have a problem with where the prizes go. Doesn't matter to me, heck they were leaving my hands anyway.

I just don't like the fact that well respected members ask other members to lie/cheat to get votes. That's just pathetic. And they should know better and act better.

I still think the best portable won first prize , the second best got second best and the third best got third best. So most likely it didn't matter. Just disappointing, that's all.

The prizes are not going to MR. They are going to SS, he is going to do something beneficial to many people with them, still unknown to us common folk.

They are not going to MR.

I was incorrect in my previous post that they were, sorry.

True. The "plot" with the voting had a relatively unnoticeable effect on the outcome of the contest, as it was mainly discussed in the chatroom, rather then the public forums. Although the chrome did place somewhat highly, it was mostly due to die-hard benheckers casting their "for t3h lulz" votes, rather then any type of conspiracy.

@snow-the original plan was to have Bacteria win and Lazer place second, then use the prizes in the modretro compo set to start around mid fall.

After this post please only post on the original subject, OUR contest. Any more discussion on the subject of BH's contest and anything about it will result in a:
lock.jpg

So get back on topic.

We will supply our own prizes if we have a contest.

SS

Yes, the wiki contest is still in progress.

And for the record, none of the mods here (Myself included) "lied/cheated" to get people to vote for it, it was purely for teh lulz, TBH. If there was some kind of organized effort, then there would have been a lot more votes. :lol: Whenever I was asked about it, I was pretty clear that nobody expected modretro people to vote for it, and that it was completely up to them on the voting. Heck, quite a few benheck-only members voted for it, so obviously the lulz factor was pretty high. :p

Either way, sorry, Hailrazer. We had not thought to just ask, we thought that would have seemed rude, and to be honest, I think most of us figured you were purely on the BH camp side of things. ;)

And one more thing: Yes, Lazer is my IRL friend.

bacteria said:
There is nothing wrong with asking people to vote for you, happens in politics all the time!

People do what they want to anyway.

We aren't accountable to BH, so stop being bothered by what they think, like they matter! :dah:

Of course we weren't going to ask you for prizes Hailrazer - anyway, you aren't even an active member here.

What a wonderful attitude.

I agree with his sentiments, in a nice way. :p Basically, it never occured to us to ask, you being a BH member and all. Might have seemed like begging, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back