DOUBLE-BATTERY-LIFE GBA SP

Mako you are wrong about getting rid of the game.
it is very possible just very confusing for most.

Also get an extra gba sp battery of of DX if you are going to wire them in parallel so it will still be small.
If you only want on battery but double the life buy a 1800mAh li-ion
I believe most SP's have 900mAh li-ions but I could be incorrect.

Welcome to the forums and feel free to email me with questions as most of these people in the handheld for are not polite and are not knowledgeable about handhelds but act like they do.

So I hope you enjoy your stay at the ModRetro Forums.

BoFoSho said:

Few are even that strong. Most are more like 600 mAh. DSPhat batteries are the same dimension, same voltage. They just have a little plastic tab that needs to be hacked off to fit an SP. They have 850-900 mAh for original Nintendo, but I see them on e-Bay and have bought a few for up t0 1300 mAh.

BoFoSho said:
Welcome to the forums and feel free to email me with questions as most of these people in the handheld for are not polite and are not knowledgeable about handhelds but act like they do.

:wtf:

Tibia your Name was not mentioned it that second quote was it :p

And all of my sp's have 900mAh except one of them that has a 600mAh.

BoFoSho said:
And all of my sp's have 900mAh except one of them that has a 600mAh.

Which SPs do you have ? All the ones I have are front-lit (AGS-001) and 600mAh. I don't have serial numbers on them, but the usual pattern is later-made units do have improved batteries.

hey, it seems as if you might be able to put in 5 AAA rechargeable batteries (6v, 1000mah) taped together and wired properly of coarse with a some way of restricting the 6v down to the 5.2v the SP needs, just dont know how recharging them in the SP would work since it was meant to charge a 600 or 900mah battery :confused: and obviously you'd have to extend the battery cover out a little

Tibia said:
BoFoSho said:

They have 850-900 mAh for original Nintendo, but I see them on e-Bay and have bought a few for up t0 1300 mAh.
And those 1300 mAh batteries probably come from FAST SHIPPING!!!!, CHINA. Probably like 500 mAh.

I did play time versus a stock 650mAh battery on my SP, and got right about double the time. The ones I bought came from a US distributor, too.

just opened mine a min ago, never realized just how small the battery is in there but strangely to me, the battery really is only 3.7v, but the SP's sticker says it consumes 5.2v, what gives? :confused:

Back