DMG Backlight Question. (I skrood up.)

donhonk

Now first off, I apologize for my second post being a help post. That said, I did register quite a while ago and have lurked every once in a while.

To the matter at hand, I screw'd up my DMG screen. I'll let the video explain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4-RlCLHN4E

Note that I'm sure you all know about nonfinite and such, just threw that reference in for those subscribed to me.

I would appreciate any help, if you need any more information let me know. I could get some inside photos as well. Thanks!

hey man, watched your video. I can honestly say I've never seen anything like that. It looks like dead lines though, which are fixable, but the fact that they are moving around leans more towards the cart being glitched. Have you tried other games in it? Also, did you play the game before attempting the backlighting? Some people don't even test the gameboy beforehand and while the color looks cool, it doesn't fix their already *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed gameboy. If those things don't help, I will probably need some inside shots of the screen without the case and such.

I can confirm both the Gameboy and the Cart worked perfectly before going ahead with this. The Cart I used in the video (Kirbys Pinball Land) works fine in my GBC. And all other carts exhibit the same problem. And yeah, I agree its kind of odd... Ill get some inside pics later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlt7HztZfCk
Another vid showin this.

You *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed up the ribbon cable thingy from the gameboy to the screen.

Actually, it looks like dead lines + something else... The way the lines dance around, it looks like when you're heating up the ribbon cable to fix dead lines.

Since this screen is pretty much kaput (seemingly) I think I might just go ahead and try that resoldering the connections under the black rubber fix I've read about in other posts. Is there perhaps any pictures of this so I kind of have an idea of what to expect?

Either you need to try heating up the ribbon area(Bibin has a video on it), or it's junk like mine. (Ribbon died, trying flopping it around to check for any differences)

Yeah I think this thing is beyond help. My initial idea to make sure this doesn't go to waste was to put it in a shadow box, hang it in there, and have a pulley chain to turn the Gameboy on and off. Like a little piece of art! I think it would look pretty good hanging on a wall.

However, looks like Bo might send me a working DMG mobo and screen, so I'll need to keep the shell around.

Back