devileyebrow's Ps1 Commission.

Argelfraster

It's about time I made a thread for this.
I have started on devileyebrow's PS1 commission a few weeks ago and would like to share my progress so far:
IMG_0011-4.jpg

Top of the unit, as you can see I bondo'd in the much more comfortable SNES D-pad.
IMG_0004-1.jpg

PSone Lid cover bondo'd on upon request.
IMG_0005-2.jpg

It'll be held down with magnets.
IMG_0006-3.jpg

Most of the wiring done.
IMG_0007-5.jpg

Screen close up.
IMG_0008-2.jpg

Batteries close up.
IMG_0009-3.jpg

Memory card and wall power jack close up.
IMG_0010-2.jpg

7805 with heatsink under the tape.

What's with the sepia?
Also, I like what you did with the CD lid. Looks like the case could use a little more sanding, but it's an excellent start.

It's all about popularity in this forum isn't it...
Here are the updates:
mb7b6u.jpg

Relocated all but 3 buttons on the controller.
280uovm.jpg

First coat of primer to find flaws.
There is a bit of bondo that dribbled into the button holes and D-pad which has been removed by now.
72qdud.jpg

CD Drive relocated and memory card ready for relocaiton.

Argelfraster said:
What is that supposed to mean? :confused:

One question though, is the disc lid still able to open? I don't the the open button anymore. Other than that, I love the idea of using the PSone's cover.

Looks neat, I'm liking the cd cover.

Although you might want to get some new speakers for your psone screen. When the green parts gets pushed in like that, they will distort at high volume and certain sounds.

zeturi said:
Argelfraster said:

One question though, is the disc lid still able to open? I don't the the open button anymore. Other than that, I love the idea of using the PSone's cover.
I'm going to mount magnets for the CD cover.
And I'm saying people like Mario or SS will get dozens of reply's on worklogs that don't even have pictures in them.

Argelfraster said:
And I'm saying people like Mario or SS will get dozens of reply's on worklogs that don't even have pictures in them.
Yeah... that's definitely true.

I think using magnets for the CD lid is a very good idea.

Argelfraster said:
zeturi said:
Argelfraster said:

I'm going to mount magnets for the CD cover.
I suppose that is kinda true. XD
I'm not sure what promotes popularity, but I don't complain.

Anyway, I am liking the case so far! The first picture made me a little worried about how nice it would look, but it looks great! Keep it up! ;)

Back