DcMc's GCP 2.0 (I'm actually going to build this one)

I honestly dont see the point in making it lob64 compatible. Were there that many portables that had it? And if anything, I would make a slave unit that had a lob64 port and a lobcube port.

I think I will give the slave unit its own power source. But I want to leave that 12v line in the pinout so that you don't need another power supply when the master unit has wall power.

pDVvU3.jpg

a89GUX.jpg

Gonna use classic buttons.

Yes, I epicly failed with some bondo.

How should I mount the L/R triggers?

Personally, I'd align the triggers how I wanted them and hold them in place with some strategic dabs of hot glue. Then I'd mold the area with Loctite epoxy putty. After that I'd reinforce it from the inside with JB weld and use it to fill any low spots on the outside. JB quick may be better for the filling part.

Okay, I'm getting really frustrated. I know my wiring is good, my wiikey is good, the region is set, 1.9v wired to the eject switch, I don't know what to do. I've done all the troubleshooting i can find. My gc will power on, then say the disc cannot be read. I press the eject button, and it says reading disc and the wkf light flashes steadily on and off. If I let up on the button, It goes back to the "disc cannot be read blah blah".

HEEELLLLPPPPP

I want to eat that bondo.
Also,I remember something about that problem
somewhere....... I think it has to do with the
button you are using or something like that.

I am pretty sure the lid switch has been taken care of. I wired my wiikey exactly like this:
betaswiikeydigram.jpg

thanks to ashen, beta, and ss for that diagram

my ffc is this one:
newhaven ffc
158mm long
I tried to solder to my original ffc cable but that was a disaster.
If the newhaven one it too long, should i switch it with the one one my wii?

my wires from the newhaven adapter to the gc board are just ide wires.

Okay, so I want to put two of these in my portable. Can i wire them both together to get 11200mah? Or would I have to wire them separately and install a switch that lets the portable use one or the other?

this is the charger i plan on using

Yeah, just wire them in parallel, + to +, - to -.

Except that the GC needs more than 7.4v, unless you're bypassing the stock regulator (correct?).

Are you serious? Those are 1lb each. 4lbs plus whatever the rest of your portable weighs, and you're pretty much holding an xbox in your hands. Sure, it might run forever, but you'll only be able to play for 5 minutes at a time.

vskid3 said:
Are you serious? Those are 1lb each. 4lbs plus whatever the rest of your portable weighs, and you're pretty much holding an xbox in your hands. Sure, it might run forever, but you'll only be able to play for 5 minutes at a time.

Back