Custom Regs help

midgetman104

Well this is about my 50th time wiring the 1.9 reg up and it is still not working so I kinda want help if anyone doesn't mind. Heres a picture of my most recent attempt, no wires are touching and 12 volts are going in, its just that nothing is coming out.
C4VMF9V.jpg

If I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, would any be down with me sending regulators, caps, and resistors and having them wired up for a decent price?

That regulator is supposed to have a capacitor on both the input and output voltage. That shouldn't keep it from working, but it's considered a requirement.
There may be a really tiny short circuit somewhere, like a minute bead of solder stuck between two pins or two components.
It also may be that it's broken. It's easy to break one of these by mixing up the input and output and applying something like 12v or more to the output pin. That will usually kill it for sure. Are you getting no readings at all on the output?

Really? I'm using the diagram on the SS forums and it only has one pictured but I'll try it.
I don't think theres a short, I used a magnifying glass and made sure there was no stray solder before I turned it on for the first time.
I don't think its broken, it's getting pretty warm.
Uhm occasionally I will get an output, but it's always less than 1.9v
Thanks for your help :lol:

If you occasionally get an output, you might want to clean up your soldering. The readings should be consistent, whatever they are. Have you tried with multiple power sources?
This is the official diagram:
2s6lriq.jpg

Back