Commission: Custom Handheld built from Android Phone

Hi, I'm wanting to commission a custom handheld built from an Android phone (either a Galaxy S3 mini or a Galaxy Nexus depending on what I can get a better deal on) and a Wii Classic Controller Pro.

The phone will permanently be mounted to the controller and plugged in via USB (via Mayflash adapter).
Basically I want something resembling Nvidia's Project Shield, with the phone being a part of a custom clamshell design.

You may be asking why do I want these particular items? Here's my reasoning:
1) The Wii Classic Controller Pro is my favorite controller. It has the best d-pad, analog sticks, and layout. It will be used for N64 and SNES/NES emulation. Feels like the perfect match.

2) I want better performance than normal chinese android handhelds can provide (and I don't like the 7" screen sizes). And I want something with good stable software and REAL analog sticks.

I'll be providing the phone, controller, and may flash adapter.

You provide the case & hinge design and building, soldering, etc.

Thanks!

Don't mean to be an asshole or anything, but instead of a $400 or whatever they are over in America phone, why not wait for the OUYA to be released? It might save you some serious dollar?

I found an S3 mini for $60 locally and a Galaxy Nexus for around $100 (it had a bad ESN and couldn't be used as a phone anymore). Definitely wasn't planning on buying a brand new one.

Ah, well in that case then seems fair.

I'd do it for you but I probably can't build a case to your standard, so I should probably stop posting in this thread :p

Back