Check yer' quarters, fellow Americans.

epicelite

Frequent Poster
I was just reading quarters made 1964 or earlier are 90% silver, making them worth a whopping $3 in silver! :awesome:

I looked through all the ones I could find and found a bunch of 1965. :evil2:
Quarters are *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing master trolls.

pennies before around 1986 or something are mainly copper without zinc crap inside(or whatever it is, I have no idea)

I've been trying to get collect steel pennies. Also, trying to find silver dimes is fun.

ever since I was very little I have saved all old money I found. I have too many silver quarters to counts, tons of silver dollars and half dollars, dimes, old nickles, wheatbacks, indian heads, and steel pennies. I am never selling any of it to be melted down. That is a stupid waste.

Ever since I was about 4 years old, I've always had vivid dreams of hunting down rare coins. I have always had an obsession with coins.

I have 1 silver quarter, 1 silver half-dollar, and a buttload of old wheat-pennies dating back to 1863.

I've never understood numismatists. Why collect coins when you could buy stuff with them? Truthfully, I've never understood collecting something that you don't/can't use anyway. I only collect video games, and I can play them. To each his own I guess.

Zero said:
Where would we sell off these quarters anyway?
That actually reminds me, some guy went onto the antique roadshow program and wanted to see how much his old quarter was worth. They took a good look at it, and told him it was worth 57 cents or so. :rofl:

Wait, so... quarters made from 1964 or earlier are actually worth $3, instead of 25 cents? Too bad they won't accept that in stores.

pLover said:
Wait, so... quarters made from 1964 or earlier are actually worth $3, instead of 25 cents? Too bad they won't accept that in stores.

NO NO NO!

If you melted them down, the silver in them is worth $3 or so.

pLover said:
:facepalm:

epicelite said:
pLover said:

NO NO NO!

But what's the difference between that and if you melted them down? Do the other metals in the quarters like... contaminate the silver, or something?

pLover said:
epicelite said:
pLover said:

NO NO NO!

But what's the difference between that and if you melted them down? Do the other metals in the quarters like... contaminate the silver, or something?

Other metals = less silver = less value

That doesn't make sense, though. When you melt it, all the other metals don't turn in to silver.

Yes it does. If there's more of another metal inside the quarter, then there's less silver in it. In a pure silver quarter, it has more silver inside it and so is worth more.

Back