*Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing Banks.

Ampersand

Lightbulbs are awesome!
Right now my checking account is standing at $-20.72. However, I should be standing at $20, at the least. I really don't know what the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* is going on, because I've not used my debit card anywhere but at the ATM. And my online bank statement says I only had $32.26 available when I withdrew $40 last night at the ATM (and like $80 current balance, but I know that was all transactions waiting to be taken out) . However, I have the printed receipt from that withdrawal that says I had $83 available and $83 current balance.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV*, dude. And their closed today so I can't talk to anyone and see what the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* is up.

Another odd thing (possibly even the cause of all this) is that I had $40 mysteriously appear in my account yesterday morning, which I thought was a check I cashed from my grandma a few days back that just now cleared. And now it disappeared back out of my account, I guess. Except, there's no record of that $40 coming in or going out of my account on my statement, other than the text message balance update I got saying that there was a deposit of under $50 made to my account (which I went to the bank later that morning and saw that that deposit was in fact $40).

Ugh, someone make me feel better about this

I have three different banks, and have never had any kind of problem with any of them... Maybe you should start keeping your own records.

Do you happen to bank with Wells Fargo?

They used to do that to me all of the time. They'd remove transactions and add them at their convenience. I'm the kind of guy that spends right down to the last penny before the next pay day, so sometimes I would only have a few bucks left, just to find out the next day that I'm -$5.00 or so. Then I get an overdraft fee of $35, then putting me at -$40, just because my bank account told me that I had money beforehand. Pissed me off to no end. Needless to say, I found a new bank.

Be like me and have a ton of extra money in your checking account. I could by a decent used car with what I have in there now. :awesome: And thats just my checking, savings is nearly twice my checking. Next paycheck I'll probably transfer a grand from checking to savings.
u guys jelly? Because I'm jelly of being able to see my family everyday.

ttsgeb, I do keep my own ledger book, and I write down every transaction with my card or checks.

Zeturi, I don't, but I'm wondering what's up. Now that I think about it, I wasn't expecting that $40 deposit yesterday morning... And if I subtract that forty back out, it takes my numbers in my book down to where the bank says I am. So the bank taunted me with some money and I spent it, I guess?

Bic, I opted out of overdrawing. So if I were to try to take out more than I had at the ATM, it is declined. So I don't know how this happened.

Computer glitch or hack, perhaps? Maybe a hidden fee? If it was identity theft, there would be transaction records.

Maybe a deposit went to you by mistake and they fixed it, or a check you cashed bounced?

vskid3 said:
I could by a decent used car with what I have in there now. :awesome:
Same here. Fiscal responsibility woo yeah!
ac4zr7.png
emot-hf.gif
ac4zr7.png

bic said:

That is awesome. Someone should upload that high five as an official smiley.
zeroawesome.png
emot-hf.gif
zeroawesome.png

And yes, banks suck. Not as bad as Paypal though.

Re: Linking Banks.

Never had a problem with banks, don't think my parents have either....?

Anyways, switching banks could be a possible idea.

ttsgeb said:
I have three different banks, and have never had any kind of problem with any of them... Maybe you should start keeping your own records.
I lied.
I made a donation to Modretro through paypal... because... well, I have to use paypal.
I told them to take from Regions, they took from Suntrust.
Suntrust was overdrawn by $8
They sent a letter, through mail, even though I have email notifications set up.
This letter said I had been charged a $36 overdraft fee, and that I had 7 days from the printed date(three days before I got it) to put the money in the bank.
It was a weekend. There go two more days
I was out of town all last week, there go the rest of my days.
So, naturally I go into electronic fund transfer mode, and have to use paypal...
8 day later, I get the money into suntrust.
I get a letter from Suntrust today saying that I have an account balance of -$85
They charged me another $36 fee for being 7 days off in getting money in.
I make a phone call, and talk to the least helpful person in the universe.
I will be going in monday, getting my god damned money back, and closing this bank account.
*Can'tSayThisOnTV*ers.

Back