+Bow

Abyss

I put the BRO in brony!
Before I started modifying consoles, I used to modify and build Nerf guns. Lots of fun actually. For our final in shop class, we could make anything we wanted, so I made this:
IMG_20120520_183319.jpg

IMG_20120520_183452.jpg

I had made two previously specifically to sell, but never made one for myself. "What is this thing?" you might ask. It's a homemade Nerf gun modeled after the Nerf crossbow of 1994. This homemade blaster can attain ranges of 100+ feet with a proper dart/barrel setup (barrel not pictured). This gun is also fairly comfortable to hold and fire. It hits very hard. I love it. Hopefully it'll get me a good grade in shop class as well! :D

Link so you can build your own! Note: This is not a cheap project to build. Your order WILL cost over $100 plus shipping.

Nice! I've done a fair amount of nerf modding in the past... fun stuff. Never done anything this intense though. Well done.

unicycler17 said:
Nice! I've done a fair amount of nerf modding in the past... fun stuff. Never done anything this intense though. Well done.
Thanks! This blaster is very fun to mess around with. Shooting across the street and what have you.

That is pretty neat. I'll have to get around to making one someday. Looking at the parts list, one could probably buy everything but the springs for less at a hardware store, if cost is holding anyone back from building one.

Re: Re: +Bow

brunoip said:
Requesting for a video
I have a video on my channel, AbyssMods, of another one, but I'll probably get around to making one within a week.

Re: Re: +Bow

bud said:
Pretty neat. Reminds me of the potato gun I've been putting off for two years :p
I'm thinking about making one of those as well. Probably with clear PVC. Should have a cool effect in the dark.

Back