Best thing ever.

1265429155172.jpg

Anybody here think they can make on? (at least the display and programed PIC) I would buy it and wire it to a gbc I have. PM ME!!!

banditpaw1 said:
Anybody here think they can make on? (at least the display and programed PIC) I would buy it and wire it to a gbc I have. PM ME!!!

Use that money to ship me my 360, plz.

PalmerTech said:
banditpaw1 said:

Use that money to ship me my 360, plz.
Palmer I can ship your 360 when my paypal reactivayes and i can take out munies

This isn't the best thing ever, but it is a serious contender. Thanks very much for sharing this link. Too bad I'm years away from being able to do this myself! Someone here better make it happen!

Jewjo said:
This isn't the best thing ever, but it is a serious contender. Thanks very much for sharing this link. Too bad I'm years away from being able to do this myself! Someone here better make it happen!
And if they do I will buy it!

banditpaw1 said:
Jewjo said:
And if they do I will buy it!
I'd much rather someone make a newb-friendly tutorial. You can't level up if you buy everything; you've got to make things yourself. :)

EDITL Y'know, I've been looking at his site and specifically at his opened up ledboy. Wouldn't those wires not work when touching other wires being exposed like that? I though copper would bridge contacts and stuff.

It is enameled magnet wire. It is copper wire that uses a very, very thing layer of clear, touch plastic to insulate it. You have to scrape the coating off the ends.

It comes in colors other than clear, too, red is the most common.

PalmerTech said:
It is enameled magnet wire. It is copper wire that uses a very, very thing layer of clear, touch plastic to insulate it. You have to scrape the coating off the ends.

It comes in colors other than clear, too, red is the most common.
Oh, neat. And here I had thought that everything I had known was wrong.

Ugh, I've never been able to solder with magnet wire. I think I'm not removing the enamel correctly. I've tried scraping it off with a knife, and using a small torch to burn it off.

I always take a lighter to each end for about 3 seconds, then tin it. If the tinned area is too long for what I need, I clip the end a bit shorter.

Back