Basic PHP Troubles

dsv101

I am running Ubuntu with all the latest updates btw.

I installed LAMP and set up a few databases in phpMyAdmin and Apache2 is working properly (i can view /var/www/ fine as well)
I began Making a website and php files download instead of view like a webpage. I found Information on the wonderful internet that says they have to be on a server to view, so i installed XAMPP, it works but when i run it, it says this:

Starting XAMPP for Linux 1.7.4...
XAMPP: Another web server daemon is already running.
XAMPP: Another MySQL daemon is already running.
XAMPP: XAMPP-ProFTPD is already running.
XAMPP for Linux started.

any way to view php files that i am missing?

okay, not solved. When i stop apache2 so XAMPP can work, phpmyadmin stops working. So they cant work at the same time, any suggestions?

Fixed, Used
Code:
sudo tasksel
Unchecked LAMP server, then ran XAMPP and everything is all good.

Troll/Rude Person.

Learn not to be one. He was usefully bumping his thread providing information others may use in the future. Your post, however, has no such future-outlook.

No, Coosh is right and that's obviously not what trolling is. Look at the post times, DSV could have easily edited his post instead of quad-posting, and bumping when its likely most everyone had not even seen his problem yet.

Im sorry, but i thought bumping in this case would have been useful. And i dont think quad posting is against the rules

I don't know, but its Dang annoying. Proper posting etiquette is to edit your post when they are so close together.

Back