American Death Note Live-Action Movie?

Dangit...right now, I'm watching Death Note through for the 6th time...I'm to used to my Asian masterpiece to watch some American waste!

I will anyway, though.

DONT GO TO WATCH THIS STUPID AMERICAN-HOLLYWOOD movie AND SUPPORT JAPAN AND JAPANESE CREATORS.

most pathetic attitude i've ever seen towards anything i've ever seen.

HEY DONT GO WATCH IT, THEY ARE BUTCHERING A STEPHEN KING NOVEL

HEY DONT GO WATCH BLADE RUNNER, THEY ARE BUTCHERING DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ROBOTIC SHEEP?

Boycotting isnt supporting, lol, even though this movie will be utter tripe because hey, if you base something off utter tripe, your *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed already, not to mention the article tries to insinutate that America wants to destroy Asia, and that it likes to rip their ideas off to completely put them down.

I give the article -3/10, and the movie the same score. :neutral2:

I mean seriously, "light reynolds" and "misa parker"? This movie = FAIL if real.

The characters in this american adaption are westeners right? If so it makes sense to use more western names.

Just as long as they don't make a live action Ghost In the Shell Movie I'm cool.

But I never cared for Death Note. I'm more into Mecha and Cyberpunk Manga/Anime.

I just found this, looks like it might indeed be real...

Skyone said:
Dangit...right now, I'm watching Death Note through for the 6th time...I'm to used to my Asian masterpiece to watch some American waste!

I will anyway, though.
Yea, that's the sad part.... I'll most likely give in and go watch it just like Dragonball Evolution :hit:

Kickback said:
The characters in this american adaption are westeners right? If so it makes sense to use more western names.

I guess. It just annoys me that they have to westernize and change the whole story. The japanese Death Note movies were all shown in my local Regal movie theater (I know, I was surprised too), and they always brought a crowd.

Nowhere near as bad as the rumoured live action Akira remake stariing Leo DeCapreo. But iy would mean they'd had to have mad his Kaneda's bike :awesome:

chocoboy said:
Skyone said:
Dangit...right now, I'm watching Death Note through for the 4th time...I'm to used to my Asian masterpiece to watch some American waste!

I will anyway, though.

[quote="Zero"The japanese Death Note movies were all shown in my local Regal movie theater (I know, I was surprised too), and they always brought a crowd.[/quote]
Yeah, they played them at my local Marcus theaters too. I was looking for a movie to go see then I saw Death Note on the website and just shouted YES out of excitement :mrgreen:

Back