3DS just launched in Japan

$250 isn't really that much, but it IS over the $200 line, which means that people think it's a lot more expensive than it actually is. I'm sure there's some official sounding psychiatric association name for that sort of thing.

Will I buy a 3DS? No. I have $250 saved up, but that's going toward my new Sandy Bridge (or possibly Bulldozer) rig. The two main draws of the 3DS don't really interest me. I don't give a Dang about 3D, and from what I heard the 3DS implementation isn't that good anyway (needs exact angle, severe eyestrain). The games that others are touting as killer titles fail to interest me. I'm more interested in the NGP/PSP2, but really, neither one is what I REALLY want. What I really want is a handheld PC in a similar formfactor. We're close, but not quite there yet.

Antome said:
04tm34l3 said:
3ds lite xl
:dah:

Also you guys really shouldn't complain about cost considering what they dropped on PAL regions.

+1

The friggin webshops here cranked the price up another $50 after Nintendo's press conference! :evil2:

Glad I preordered when I did. But still, the price is really on the edge for me.
I think Sony will have a pretty hard time if the price of NGP is considerably higher than this (Me want aswell! :dahroll:)

I was about to buy one but blew my years tech fund on a new ukulele instead :(

The ngp looks slick, but its going to be expensive as *Can'tSayThisOnTV*, and sony's developer base for the portable market has pretty much gone to flax. If sony can pull off a 250 price tag and support the Dang thing (and some decent developers dont run off) im all for it. I agree that the 3d doesnt really sell the 3ds for me, but im not complaining that its there and i think it will work great for fps games and things like paper mario, where depth is a very important factor. Im always confident in nintendo and theyre by far my favorite developer and publisher of all time, and im pretty much sold on the 3ds. I think i will wait until e3 at least to buy one. At gdc they announced at&t will allow connectivity with their wifi, which apparently will have 10000 hotspots pretty soon. Also, netflix is coming to it (in 3d), as well as 3d video recording. All i need is to try one out and they can have my money.

Played one today in a Nintendo booth in town :D

I was a bit dissapointed by the 3Dness. Doesn't seem to come out the screen but the screen looks deep, rather strange. Can't wait for dealxtreme to stock the joysticks, they'd be awesome on a portable.

Back