1st party controller cut.

Elektix

Evening all,

I'm approaching completion on my 2nd portable.

Now, its looking rather good so far, but I need to cut the official nintendo controller down to absolutely as small as possible. I'm not using the expansion pack, so that is all going to be cut out, but I need to know how small I can go, and need to trim the joystick connector, which has a few smd's on it.

Anyone done this? Anyone fancy knocking together a quick MS paint picture with some lines on it?

I'll post some pics and vids soon when its completed ;)

Many thanks for any help,

Nick

As a side question, can I simply remove the chip. reconnect all the grounds and vcc's. Contect the oscillator, and away I go?

Also, final question, the capacitors and smd's sitting around the joystick connector, can they be bypassed and ignored from anyones experience?

Many thanks once again

Nick

Elektix said:
As a side question, can I simply remove the chip. reconnect all the grounds and vcc's. Contect the oscillator, and away I go?

Also, final question, the capacitors and smd's sitting around the joystick connector, can they be bypassed and ignored from anyones experience

It's easier to wire to the chip if you leave it on the board, the pins pop off pretty easy if you take it off. Plus you'd only need to reconnect the top to grounds or something that I mentioned.

And yeah, those cap lookin' things aren't needed.

SS

Back