ZN-45 Rage

Still gotta have standards for comfort. For the way the screen looks, the feel of the case in your hands, the aesthetics of the plastics. It's gotta be something you work at with some standard in mind, or god knows what all our projects would be like.

Things can be comfortable and NOT be huge.

SS argues that comfort is more important than portability. Tell that to every commercial handheld ever.

Companies have the money and know-how to produce their own custom motherboards. We have to take decade old technology that was intended to be a stationary console, and fit it into a portable enclosure and run it off of batteries. I've never seen a single home made portable that is truly a portable console; rather, luggable. Once it fits in your pocket, then it's portable.

The x64 lite was pocket sized.

SS's new n64p is.

Zeturi, that's no argument for the zn-45, as portables easily fit in much smaller cases.

But for your first portable, do you really want to be trying to cram it in as small a case as possible? No, you wouldn't, unless you are experienced with similar stuff or insane. That said, I could have easily fit my YAP64 into the ZN-40 if I had smaller batteries. Probably an external cart slot or just the cart slot on top, but it would have fit. I could have built it into an AG-85, but then I would have to drop a lot of my planned features, trim the board more, and use different batteries.

That said, there are plenty of other enclosures that could be used if you are creative. I think one guy used a Linksys router. The ZN-45 is same old and lame, but it does work, and it's fairly easy to fit an N64 in.

Or a Yobo.

As has been said, there are many easily usable cases far smaller than the zn-45.

You think the ZN-45 is comfortable? I made some simple spacers for a ZN-40, and I hated the way it felt. Zn-40 by itself=mega comfy.

Also, SS, you said that your n64p, the smallest in the world, was megacomfortable.

Comfortability obviously then doesn't come with size.

zeturi said:
Companies have the money and know-how to produce their own custom motherboards. We have to take decade old technology that was intended to be a stationary console, and fit it into a portable enclosure and run it off of batteries. I've never seen a single home made portable that is truly a portable console; rather, luggable. Once it fits in your pocket, then it's portable.
Basically this.

Who cares if the ZN is lame. Its building a portable, not many people do it. If your like ss and have 12 then you should branch out. But if someone is going to critique me for completing a portable PLINK em

I do see it alot sometimes, and I wouldn't personally use it because I like building my own cases (Frankencasing). Could it fit a DC Motherboard? I wouldn't mind using it for another DCp project. Building cases for my DCp's are kinda hard since most of mine have that GD-ROM board attached to it :neutral2:

At least it's a case. It could be worse, like made out of tin foil (ringing a bell?). If I didn't use a pre-made case, I wouldn't even know where to begin with making a case, but then again, I am pretty noobish

Back