ZN-40 Case Commission for SS

Downing

Just finished milling out a ZN-40 casing from PolyCase as a commission for Shock Slayer. (who is actually making this for someone else as well)

He prepared the design for me so all I really did was prep it for for the machine.

All in all I really like how it came out however there is one decent blemish on it as when I was cutting the back vent slats, the clamp holding the case down on the back failed and screwed up two lines before I could fix it.

It is quite noticeable unfortunately so there will be a bit of work that needs to be done to fix it but overall I'm happy with it.

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

Wait, it's not a render anymore? What?
Sexy. Shame about that vent hole, but still better than if SS had freehand'd it, I'm sure. :p
If he's gonna paint it, it's not that big of a deal to fix, otherwise, it will be a royal PITA to make it blend in better.

I'd recommend painting the back orange (or maybe GC blurpledigo) and to the tops white. Leave the front as it. Just 'cause. Who care's what the guy that commissioned it thinks?

Downing said:
Drakon said:
Sheesh downing is there anyone you're not friends with?

Haha, you don't get very far making enemies.

Yeah it's not like I try to make enemies. But you really seem to be buddies with everyone (myself included)

Haha, it's easier that and it all comes back around in some helpful form. How have things been?

Tchay said:
Great job on the case Downing! Did you do this one in your sleep?

Just kidding :awesome:

Funny. haha. But you should know, if I did, how the Heck would I know?

Downing said:
Haha, it's easier that and it all comes back around in some helpful form. How have things been?
I can't complain, I keep finding new upgrades the more I learn about electronics. Your casework looks excellent.

ShockSlayer said:
Mmm. So many delicious threads to post in.
Hope you brought some seasoning.

Back