Zenith Screen Vs Psone Screen and some issues

Hifeno

I have a few questions and 1 problem.

1. Will zenith screen fit in psone screen case
2. What is the extra cap that is soldered on zenith screen
3. Is there anywhere or anyone that has either one of these screens for around $30 shipped.

My problem: I got the zenith screen from jiden that he was having inverted colors from. Well I am getting the same problems and the screen looks smeared. Sometimes it will get blurry lines in it. I used official psone power supply, batteries, universal power supply 7.5volt 1500ma and all produce the same effects. Has or does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it. I really do not want to have to buy another one and I am assuming it is the board because I have tried two different screens with this board and am getting the same results. If anyone wants pictures or video let me know I just have to find my camera. Thanks for any help.

1. Yeah, the screens have the same guts and are interchangable with each other's cases.
2. I think it has something to do with power. But if you use it with 7.4v, then it won't matter. You can remove the extra cap. I've done it to several zenith screens.
3. You might be able to snag a $30 zenith if it's on a bidding, but otherwise this is your best bet. http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-PS2-Portable-5 ... 563576e7cb

I think your problem lies with the board, but it's hard to say. If all else fails, you could try to buy a working psone screen's pcb in the Trading Post.

Another thing to try would be to make sure the ribbon cable is secure and lined up correctly.

2. It is a power filter cap. If you remove it you will get very slight wavy lines on the screen. Tested on over a dozen Zenith screens.

Back