Zenith Screen Problems

*ahem*

You are both right and wrong.

The grounds on pins 2 and 7 on slot one and 4 and 8 on slot two are all connected. Grounds is ground, as long as it's ground.

You'd theoretically need two ground wires if the screen is being powered by the batteries and the console isn't.

They could go to the same place, two different pins, ect. just as long as the is a common ground between all components connected.

---

As far as your backlight problem, try this:
5vwire.jpg

5vwireback.jpg

-borrowed from benheck.

Try some basic trouble shooting before assuming it's the backlight. First, make sure your n64 is outputting video by plugging it into a TV. If your not getting video, you've got other problems. I'm not sure if the backlight cuts on only when there is video, but I'm not entirely sure.

If you know your n64 is outputting video, then make sure you've got atleast GND and composite going straight from the n64 to the screen. if it's still not working, make sure you connected to the correct contacts.

Then look for other potentially related problems. If all else fails, take a good long break, let everything sit for a while, do something relaxing like going swimming or something to take your mind off of it. Then come back later and re-assess the problem, you'll be surprised, sometimes you can overlook the simplest things when you've been working too long ;)

SS

I assumed he was using it for an N64p. I didn't read the first post.

Just get 6-wire IDE cable. Wire 1 to composite, one to left audio, one to right audio, one to GND anywhere nearby, and 2 to the left leg of the 7805, for 7.4v. 2 means no extra IDE power draw fail. It's nice and organized this way.

Back