Zenith Screen Problems

Ok, so i am in the middle of building an n64p and i am at the point where i am adding power to everything. I wired everything up to the screen first for testing. When i did so i was able to mess around with the volume and brightness buttons and see (very dimly) the little grid at the bottom. The only problem is my backlighting isnt coming on.:gonk: How do i fix this?

Is your backlight plugged in to the screen? (White and pink wired plug in the top left). If it is, then you might have blown your backlight.

I'm not as wise in the way of PSOne screens as most people, but I know that's a freaking longshot.

0,1425,sz=1&i=91099,00.jpg

^That may be the right mod, but there's another that I may be getting it confused with.^
Wait for someone else to come in and confirm before you do anything.

Ok, well everything is plugged in, and i only started working on the screen today so i don't know if i messed anything up. The thing is i wired everything identical as did to my first screen and that one was working. (until i somehow tore off the trace leading to pin 12 :oops: )

Again, someone else will have to help you - I don't know enough about troubleshooting the screen to be able to help. Sorry :confused:

Do you have A/V hooked up to the board? The backlight doesn't turn on unless there's signal going into it. Don't forget ground from the A/V portion of the N64 board.

No i never hooked up the A/V. But the weird thing is im working with my neighbor on this project and he hasnt hooked up the audio on his and only hooked up the composite after seeing the backlight come on. But now that you say it i feel like i remember hearing about something like that ill try it right now.

Screen turns on. Backlight doesn't. This may be with only specific revisions or something but I know that my backlight doesn't turn on without signal.

Mine works perfectly also. The backlight just doesnt turn on unless there's signal. When there is signal, backlight goes on.

well i hooked up the av and the led on my nintendo wont turn on so i might have a short im not sure. :hit: i was getting all of the right voltages before i attached everything to the board so i dont know what went wrong.

It was working off batteries? And make sure you have the ground line from the A/V port going into the ground of the screen.

Yeah all of the right voltages running off of batteries before i hooked it up. And for the screen i connected positive to pin 1, and ground to pin 7. I connected the composite, left audio, and right audio from the first three pins on the screen to where they needed to go to on the n64 board. Am i missing any ground or is pin 7 on the screen enough?

Okay, there are two connectors. One the first connector, you want your voltage to go into pin 1, and ground from your battery into pin 2. On the second connector, you connect video and left and right audio, and then the ground for audio/video from the game system's AV port.

Or if you are in need of something simpler, this. This is showing both of those connectors from the front, with the lcd facing you.
lcdpinout.jpg

oh ok. quick question though. do i need to wire the ground to both pin 2 and 7 on socket one, and both 4 and 8 on socket 2 or will one ground wire for each socket do the job? Oh and do i just split my ground wire to get ground to both places?

Everybody stop being retarded. You need 5 wires: Composite, Left audio, Right audio, +7.4v, and GND.

One GND.

It's all the same.

Basement_Modder, I call you out. You need to ground power, and you need to connect ground for your audio/video on the other side. You stop being retarded.

Back