Zenith PSOne screen color inversion

Jidan

JEEEEEEEEDAN
Okay, so.
mms_picture3-1.jpg

After I fix ALL THE OTHER PROBLEMS with my portable, the screen does this :lol:

It's got a lot of residual blur on it and I can barely see some of the stuff...and the colors are inverted. Anyone know what it could be? I've charged the batteries and the ribbon cable is inserted correctly. :confused:

What themadhacker said, this has happened to a few members before and it's always been the power supply.

bentomo said:
What themadhacker said, this has happened to a few members before and it's always been the power supply.

Hmm. Well, I'll keep it charging and check in a minute and let you guys know.

It's definitely not the power. Batteries are fully charged and it's still not working properly. :(

PalmerTech said:
Try off wall adapter.

I don't suppose you know how to connect that to it :l Cut off the end and wire it to where I've got power going in? I'd hate to waste the adapter, but I may have to, eh.

Yep, cut it off. You can always splice the plug back on, you know. Heck, make it split into two ends, bare wire, and a plug.

Turns out it is my battery for sure - the N64 won't even power on fully now. The batteries are fully charged, though, which is odd.

I also did check the ribbon cable and reinserted it plenty of times. It's not that :confused:

I am going to check for shorts and stuff later, but I doubt that I'll be able to find anything, being me.

I'm debating over whether or not to sell this for parts for cheap and start a GCp or just finish this somehow miraculously....we will see if I can get it to work. This is the only thing stopping me from closing this thing up.

Back