Zenith 5" screen cutting

wheretocutPSOneLCD.jpg

Afterwords LED mod it.

Help ya?

I can't find the picture right now, but you can fit the screen in the case with minimal trimming on the top and bottom and no LED mod :) I'll look for the picture to see if I can get it to you

Ok, Nobble, how the Heck do I LED mod it? I really dont want to (so id perfer your Jidan) But doesnt it just brighten the screen?

QuickSkop3 said:
Ok, Nobble, how the Heck do I LED mod it? I really dont want to (so id perfer your Jidan) But doesnt it just brighten the screen?
It makes it so u dont need the top half of the board. idk about brightness. and there is an led modding guide on extremetech.com

Let me be hail for a second....

"I never led mod my screens...they look so awful compared to non-modded and the light distribution is always uneven. you will never see a portable from me with an LED mod"

:)

Don't ask questions when there's guides EVERYWHERE.

Use google.

Or the search function.

And I posted earlier but it doesn't look like it went through,

Cut after you led mod, so if you fail you can still use the original backlight if needed.

The only thing about the LED mod is, the backlight will be in spots. It's not really noticeable, but it's enough to stop most people from doing it.

Nah, it's okay. There are alternate spots to solder video and power to on the psone screens mobo. Never be scared to trim a mobo, but don't go cutting anything in half. ;)

So its ok to cut off the ports? Im in school and they blocked BH, soooo.

Im gonna need to rewire those ports im ALMOST sure about, right?

You can cut just the very top of the screen off, above the transformer, and it should fit. I can't find a pic, so lemme make a quick one.

I guess I'll make a guide on LED modding one of these days, seeing as how the screen trimming guide work was taken off my shoulders during my mysterious abscence.

Yea there's no need to led mod a ps1 screen for it to fit in a Zn40 case. You trim the top off to where it is level with the top of the transformer, and trim the bottom off right at the A/v plugs. You will then have to solder the A/V because you just cut off the plugs, but that is just 5 or so wires :)

Back