Yobo expansion packs are weird.

bud

DAT ASS
wwfOUl.jpg

Pw6X5l.jpg

Could be useful. However, I'll probably just cut off the extra ram area.

Wait, do those come with official Nintendo RAM and space for even more RAM?

Pardon me for not completely seeing what you're trying to show.

You should play around and see what you can mess up with it.
Can't you take all the ram chips off of a N64 and plug an expansion pack in to make it work? You should try that, but see if you can make this act as the on-board ram AND the expansion pack... you know... because that's useful somehow...
... then you should see what happens when you put it on a RAM swapped N64 to boot it up with 16 megs or RAM or whatever...
Because that would be useful somehow, right?

ttsgeb said:
Can't you take all the ram chips off of a N64 and plug an expansion pack in to make it work? You should try that, but see if you can make this act as the on-board ram AND the expansion pack... you know... because that's useful somehow...
... then you should see what happens when you put it on a RAM swapped N64 to boot it up with 16 megs or RAM or whatever...

Didn't Shockslayer do that once? I think he made a video of it but I can't find it.

ttsgeb said:
It wouldn't recognize the extra ram. I remember zenloc was looking for something like this about a year ago so he could ram swap rev6+ boards.

I think I know why.

Some 3rd party expansion packs have 2 RAM chips like rev. 1-5 boards. Yobo's packs are probably built to accomodate that.

Back