YAY PERIPHERALS!

I've never had a problem with ghosting on any but the cheapest of the cheap keyboards I've used. (The "$7 Walmart bundle includes a mouse and mousepad and wrist rests" kind of cheap.) I do pretty much everything on Dell keyboards (old PS/2 QuietKey and this fancy USB model with web browser buttons).

mako321 said:
Yeah, my friend's IBM keyboard has that issue with W and space, impossible to play minecraft on >_>

The keys are worn out. I take it he plays Pyro then? :trollface:

I traded a game (don't remember which one) for an IBM Model M from someone who took six or seven unused ones from his old workplace. Manufactured 22 and a half years ago, and it still works perfectly. So if you want a well-built keyboard that will keep working for at least a few decades, you can get one or a recently-manufactured clone for around 70 bucks. Might not be worth it to you as a "non-hardcore typist", but I'd say it's a whole Heck of a lot more worthwhile than paying $120 for a $10 rubber dome keyboard with fancy lights and macro keys in it, unless you really need those to Get Your Game On. You could also try to find someone who's apparently been stockpiling them for the coming apocalypse and would be willing to make a better deal with you, as I did.

(If you wanted to make a Model M all shiny and nice, you could probably just stick some EL wire in it. The keys come right off. If you don't like beige for some unfathomable reason, Unicomp makes black ones so you can hang with the hip kids. Das Keyboard is probably the best you can go with in terms of aesthetics, if you're willing to spend another $30 or so.)

Back