xbox softmod

Hello again guys does anybody know the easiest way to softmod an xbox
i hotswapped my last one but no longer have a pc

i was wondering if there was any way i could use a card reader i had lying around
it was internal but i patched a usb cable onto the connection it works on ps3
wii and xbox 360

could i download the save files needed from the net and somehow get the xbox to load them from the card instead of the hdd obviously through a usb controller mod which is easy enough to do

any ideas are appreciated guys thanks

The way I also do it is to put the soft mod files in a USB stick then transfer them through an adaptor then load them from the game. I use splinter cell. The only difficult part about thus is finding a compatible USB stick, you can't use ones bigger than about 2gb so find a small memory stick and you will be fine. If you need the files I have them and I can send you them as they are hard to find, unless you want to use xbins but I dont know if that is still around.

Xbins is still around. I have a full softmod kit laying around that I could loan you with a deposit. When you send it back, you get that back minus shipping.
If you can track down an Xbox memory card, I can put the files on that for you as well. Again, at the cost of shipping.

For the record, USB sticks aren't just a little finicky. They're a total Sega to get working. Files are still easy enough to find, though. Look for ndure softmod. You'll find em pretty quick.

HI if you could send me the files that would be awesome however im confused
even with the files i have been told i need to run the game mech or splinter cell or agent under fire

is this true because i dont have any of those games

i have managed to get my xbox to recognise my memory card allthough i did it in a slapdash way it works

1st i cut a usb to usb mini wire in half
2 opend a xbox pad
3 stripped some usb cable
4 attached that to the memory card readers pins (no solder)insuring they couldnt touch
5 joined the usb mini half and the usb half of the cable back together(as i need both connections)
6 attached this to the wire that is now attached to the pad
7 plugged the mini usb into my psp and inserted a 2 gig stick
8 went through psp menu selected usb con
then used the pad on the xbox to navigate to memory and the card worked perfectly after formatting (wish it would have warned me though) :(

ok so my memory card is working what now ?lol

You will need the game. Unless you want to buy a mod chip or hot swap. Buying the game is probably the easiest option especially if you have already got a memory stick working

Back