Xbox Slim Worklog

Good luck with the converter. One guy (was it Mako?) tried one and it didn't really work very well. It worked, but it was finicky, IIRC he had to reset it several times to get the XBOX to boot.

XCVG said:
Good luck with the converter. One guy (was it Mako?) tried one and it didn't really work very well. It worked, but it was finicky, IIRC he had to reset it several times to get the XBOX to boot.
Yeah, mine was crap like that.
If you get red lights instead of green when trying to boot off it, turn off the Xbox and turn it on again within 3 seconds and it'll boot properly.

Thanks for the heads up guys, I should have really asked here first before buying it. If it turns out cack then I'll just seek an alternative.

Got the case vac formed but I've decided to make a few adjustments to the mould before making the final version of the case. Good news is that the motherboard fits perfectly in the case.

Yeah, of course that one will work. Adapting IDE notebook drives to an IDE desktop connector is just a matter of connecting the right pins. SATA is another story, especially with something as finicky as an XBOX.

Back