WTB: XBox 360 Disk Drive and Hard Drive

SonyQrio

Frequent Poster
Title says all. I need a working 360 Disk Drive, preferably with the tray in good cosmetic condition and a Hard Drive. I don't care how big it is.

Thanks,
SQ

The 360\s DVD drives have a key that they only share with the motherboard. In order to replace the drives with another, you need to find one that you can flash.

It's basically just hardware-based anti-piracy.\

Also, I've got one, but the sliding mechanism needs to be pulled apart/cleaned/fixed. It works fine, but it gets "stuck" in the in position, then you need to push on it and it works fine again.

SonyQrio said:
Did some research. It looks easy enough, right?
You need the original DVD drive's key, a way to flash the new drive, and you have to have the same model drive or you'll get banned from Xbox Live.

SonyQrio said:
Did some research. It looks easy enough, right?

Depends on your kind of drive. Lite-ons are a royal pain the the butt to do, but some of the others are just pluging a sata cable into your computer.

For the HDD, do you need the enclosure as well? Also, is this for the old 360's or the slims?

I'd need the enclosure for sure. I can provide my own HDD if need be.

Oh, and It's for a 360 not slim. XD

I actually picked an HDD up on eBay. I'm still on the lookout for a DD though. Come on now, I know one of you has a spare. This is ModRetro.

For this to work I will assume you have the original disk drive. But what you can do is to get a disk drive from the same manufacturer and take the original circuit board and swap them therefore the broken or missing hardware from the original disk drive is replaced with fully working stuff without fjcking around with the keys. Also if you are anywhere near the UK or willing to pay shipping I have one disk drive maybe two I will check.
;)

SonyQrio said:
I actually picked an HDD up on eBay. I'm still on the lookout for a DD though. Come on now, I know one of you has a spare. This is ModRetro.
You'd better hope it was a compatible HDD.

SonyQrio said:
Compatable HDD?!
Is it an actual 360 HDD, or a 2.5" HDD you're going to make work with the 360? You're fine if it's a 360 HDD. If you're making your own drive, there are only certain models it'll work with.

I was planning on making one work with the 360. I have a Seagate and a Hitachi. If those wont work, I'll take one from geb.

Looks like only certain Western Digital drives will work easily. 5 minutes on Google will save you a lot of money and time.

Back