WTB rubber tact switches

gman

I usually get em from digikey but it looks like they don't sell them anymore which is too bad because I liked theirs the best since the rubber part didn't spin. I know I can get them on ebay from china but I was wondering if anyone had some or knew of a US seller. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/251573485457

They're basically what everyone already uses but orange. I have some of the digikey ones (granted there were many brands on there, I can't remember which I got) and I didn't notice a single difference down to the T other than rubber color. Hope this helps!

Thanks! By spin I mean the rubber part on some rubber tacts I've used will rotate which I don't like because with the digikey ones I can super glue the button to the switch to keep the button from rotating instead of using a structural thing to keep it from rotating. I had already ordered the ones from china but Ill just order these too and then I don't have to wait a month to mount the buttons on the portable I'm working on :)

I can confirm that these do not rotate. (Except a few degrees of rotation allowed by bending of the rubber.) I haven't personally used them in place of controller buttons, but they should probably work as well as anything else. That, and they are cheap.

most likely everyone here has different definitions of "rotate". My best description is they can spin but require a lot of force to do so and aren't designed to spin.

Back