WTB/Commission: Nintendo 64 Mod

Malus

Hey all, I'm looking to commission someone or more than one person (this can be a collaborative effort if you're not skilled in a certain area, i.e. Case modding) to Mod an N64 system. Basically, I find the Original N64 case un-appealing and what I'm wanting is this (feel free to tell me what can or can't be done):

- Rehouse the 64 into a modified PSOne case, or something similar, I like the "smooth" look of the PSOne case. I really want a nice professional looking case. Size doesn't matter to me, I'm not looking to really slim it down, but it's welcomed.

- NO External Cartridge Slot. I want to "hardwire" the 64drive inside the console so there is no external slot. But I do want the CF Slot to be accessible. I want to use the N64 emblem as sort of a little hinged cover, like on the old nes, to cover the CF slot and protect it.

- 4 Wireless controllers, Not sure if these are possible. But I really hope so!

- RGB/S-video mod. Don't want to be limited to how to hook the system up.

- would like to implement the N64 emblem logo as a LED power indicator. But it is not a biggie.

- Case would use original N64 color scheme.

I want this thing so bad I'm actually losing sleep over it. I want it bad. I do realize I can commission a portable but, no multiplayer. So, about how much am I looking to spend here on just parts? I'm willing to pay big, just got my tax refund. If interested I have more details on what i would like, even a crude drawing of the case design I'd like, just contact me. Thanks for taking the time to look! I Look forward hearing from someone to help me out.

I can do it, you have to provide the 64 drive though, I don't think anyone here has one that they are willing to part with(although if they do that'd be a great help.) And it's a pretty good wait time to get one from marshall I think.

Aside from that, it's a fairly reasonable commission. I can do it for decent price, and a crude drawing would be nice.

SS

Just a suggestion here but you might aswell add a flip open screen, speakers and internal battery and you'll have a nice little portable N64 laptop. Then just have a switch to change between internal screen and outputs. Flip screen with speakers shouldn't be that expensive. The choice of batteries though can either be expensive or not depending on the size and type.

SS - Awesome, Thanks for the reply! Would you rather I order the 64drive and then send it your way or just front you the money to order it? I probably should have waited until I actually possessed the 64drive to have this commissioned. :oops:

Luig - Thanks for the suggestion, now that I think about it, it would be nice to just be able to take where I want without worrying about sharing the TV lol. I might consider the laptop idea. But I would probably want too big of a Screen.

Back