short video
:twisted: :twisted:

second video:
beta testing / performance results

third video:
performance testing / results

fourth video:
ready for release

Dual boot? Using neopop as a boot loader for official firmware? That's pretty cool if that's what it is. Then things only available to official firmware can be run now while running swiss

SNEAKxxATTACK said:
Dual boot? Using neopop as a boot loader for official firmware? That's pretty cool if that's what it is. Then things only available to official firmware can be run now while running swiss

You don't have to load the official WKF menu thru neopop. The official WKF firmware menu(s) have been made into .dol's that can be loaded right from Swiss. So now we've gained multidisc support back (though in a rather convoluted way, but whatever) until its officially added to Swiss for the WKF. Among a few other things, like being able to change WKF menu settings without a reflash.

What Mega was showing in the emulator is that you can now load roms right from the WKF SD. He's also added support for loading roms from DVD and apparently the option to reboot the GC from within the emulators. From what I understand writing to the WKF SD slot is also in the works, but may not be included in this release.

I still dont even know what swiss is... What is the benefit of using "swiss" over the wiikey menu which works fine for me?

Rohan Loomis said:
swiss makes it so you don't have to press a button to boot up the wiikey

Swiss does not do this. Swiss happens to work with base WKF firmware 1.0, which happens to "autoboot".

Swiss does all kinds of cool stuff. Like video mode forcing, cheats, fat32 SD card support (no more WBFS manager) for WKF, memcard emulation, etc. Alot of it is WIP stuff. But still very handy indeed.

Like ashen said, I currently have swiss as initial iso on my home gc wkf. I real love it and now with the wkf menus as .dols will make life easier. I guess we are waiting for it to be implemented in swiss but could be wrong so this is not scripture.

Re: Re: WKF progress

Rohan Loomis said:
i was providing one of the benefits of swiss.

No because it's not swiss that does auto boot is the wkf that does autoboot on the 1.0 firmware that is shipped with the wkf. Basically even if swiss isn't flashed as the initial iso on the wkf and the wbfs launcher menu isstill on the wkf it will autoboot or auto load.

DuHasst0 said:
No because it's not swiss that does auto boot is the wkf that does autoboot on the 1.0 firmware that is shipped with the wkf. Basically even if swiss isn't flashed as the initial iso on the wkf and the wbfs launcher menu isstill on the wkf it will autoboot or auto load.

yes but wiikeys act weird on the gamecube until they are updated to the 1.5 update so you can have either

A. a sometimes working wiikey that autoboots on firmware version 1.0

or

B. a wiikey that autoboots to swiss where you can boot the wiikey menu

or

C. a working wiikey without autoboot on firmware version 1.5

;)

dark_samus said:
DuHasst0 said:

yes but wiikeys act weird on the gamecube until they are updated to the 1.5 update so you can have either

A. a sometimes working wiikey that autoboots on firmware version 1.0

or

B. a wiikey that autoboots to swiss where you can boot the wiikey menu

or

C. a working wiikey without autoboot on firmware version 1.5

;)

ehh??
no WKF acts weird on a GC if wired properly

anyone ever test 1.3 firmware? i have and in my opinion it works better than 1.5.
...and version 1.0 with swiss on flash works on ALL CPU-XX gamecube types
but which version you need / want depends on your setup as i have documented everything already to cover this basic information.

I used 1.3 cause you suggested it over at gcf. I loved it until I did 1.0 to do autoboot with swiss on flash.

megalomaniac said:
ehh??
no WKF acts weird on a GC if wired properly

anyone ever test 1.3 firmware? i have and in my opinion it works better than 1.5.
...and version 1.0 with swiss on flash works on ALL CPU-XX gamecube types
but which version you need / want depends on your setup as i have documented everything already to cover this basic information.

hmm... I was reading on the wiikey troubleshooting thread that wiikeys act weird (even when wired right) until they are updated to 1.5 tchay was having massive problems on 1.4 he said he barely got the 1.5 update to launch it was so bad but as soon as he updated to 1.5 it was perfect.... (or maybe I had another one of those really vivid dreams again.... jk :mrgreen: )

ill say it again, WKF does not act weird when its wired correctly...
some people do not have enough WKF experience to know what the firmware doing, trying to do, or expecting a certain condition to perform an action. this can sometimes be confused with acting weird but its not the WKF, its the user not meeting an expected condition. other times, its wiring issues causing strange behavior.

read all the numerous threads of people having to wire. rewire, rewire, and rewire again until it finally works..
thats about 95%(?) of most WKF behavior related issues.

I just got my new WiiKey which should of course have version 1.0 firmware... Can I just flash Swiss to it right off the bat or does it need to be updated to 1.5 first the normal way, then downgraded to regain autoboot? I don't have a very easy way to do this because my Wii doesn't "work" anymore.

Back