WKF autoboot problem

hello everyone, I have a problem with my WKF, it was work perfectly, play game with swiss, but now it not recognized, the WKF flash blue but not launch, it switch ''please insert disk'' and ''reading disk''...
I have test with a tact switch pin 29 but nothing.

Need some help :(

no everything is connected, I send my GC to megalomaniac, he install me his adapter and it worked perfect, everything is connected, I have tested it, I have played game, but now I dont know why it not recognized :confused:

Oh , i had a problem like this one from a board i had it work at first like a charm but out of nowhere it stop working and i troubleshooted like crazy but at the end it was the gc mobo , i got a new mobo and resolder everything to it and now it works like a charm , but check if the ribben cable is correctly connected

Not work, check and recheck but not work, I gonna change mobo, please what solder you use for soldering ? can I have a picture ? Because I dont wanna do a crapy work :confused:

This is the solder I think you should use:

288qi35.jpg

It is thin rosin core solder. You should use about 0.015 inch thickness or 0.022 inch thickness.
Your WiiKey might not be working because the connector is not inserted well enough into the WiiKey. This can cause it to not work at all. Also, if you ever rewired it yourself, it is possible the wires are too long. Can we have a picture?

Yes, a soldering iron. If you are going to get a soldering iron, you should get a soldering station as well. A soldering station lets you control temperature:

29n6tjm.jpg

Having temperature control is worth it when working on smaller or bigger things.

can you post a close up pic of the board where you tried to solder the memory card?
maybe there is still some issue there shorting 3.3v or 5v power??

since you did not board cut, and everything was working perfect before you tried to solder a memory card, maybe it could be something very simple...

also, what is the exact status of the system when you power it on?
is it still "dead" or does it boot fine and only has issues with "reading disc" ???

how is your pin29 switch configured?
3.3v and GND
or
3.3v, 1.9v, and GND

Back