Wiring my internal pad to the portable

Reaper

okay so my circut board in the gamecube pad only expands the length of my screen

and well the screen should be placed inbetween with the left controls on the left side and vice versa

the only way i can see this done is by splitting the board and i can move it around then but that will breack it

so what should i do

Wire tacts off the button contacts, and mount where you want em.

And stick with one thread. dont make a new one for every question you have. its a pain in the arse.

samjc3 said:
Wire tacts off the button contacts, and mount where you want em.

And stick with one thread. dont make a new one for every question you have. its a pain in the arse.

okay i can do that for the button's, but the r, and l, button's uses a trigger sensor, that as you press down a lever is pushed down and vice versa, how am i meant to wire that up seperatley from the board, cause if i just wire it the way it was it wont be to the sides of the screen like i need them to be

and is there a way i can use the push buttons that came with a pad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBf4Cyfv-EI like this guy did

Im no expert, but i think you can desolder that entire mechanism and extend it with wires.

samjc3 said:
Im no expert, but i think you can desolder that entire mechanism and extend it with wires.

i mean that makes sense for the button's other then the l and r, but those two rquire a trigger to be pushed down to sense how far down it has gone, how am i meant to relocate that, if it needs to stay put Heck it's not connected by any pin's so if i solder it off and put it somewhere else the pcb board will not get the signal

Basically I have 1 gamecube controller that sits behind the screen with everything removed (and by everything, I mean analogue sticks, headers, momentary and slide switches. I then either butcher another gamecube controller by cutting it in half or cutting it into necessary shape, and wire everything up to it, or if I'm redoing the button layout either print my own board and use a membrane and graphite or use perf board and tacts as suggested.

Reaper said:
samjc3 said:

i mean that makes sense for the button's other then the l and r, but those two rquire a trigger to be pushed down to sense how far down it has gone, how am i meant to relocate that, if it needs to stay put Heck it's not connected by any pin's so if i solder it off and put it somewhere else the pcb board will not get the signal

You have to make a mechanism that as you press down the button, the slider switch gets pressed down too. You have to relocate the the contacts on it that are connected to something in order for it to work.

SS

you dont need the mechanism just the contact.....I tested it out on sonic adventure 2 battle and took the pad and put it over the contacts and tried with the analog up and down and it still worked but I recommend leaving that part on just in case that it might require it but it still worked (tested it for about an hour) :)

Back