wired 360 controller fix **fixed**

**soldered the 4 wires up to each other... and it works... so im pleased, its still in pieces cause i just finished it, i took a load of pics and will upload them a little later as i need a shower now cause i just woke up and modded this but when im all done ill finish it up and post the pics**also my first major console mod**

hi, got this off a mate in trade for my gay 'lil MCR CD (hate mcr now lol)
only problem is i cant find the problem as to why it doesnt work...
my initial idea is the cable, that being said i dont see any wire snapped/frayed....
so if i get a new usb cable...(well one i have lying around)
could i wire up the usb wires and replce the 360 cable? or is there more to it than that?
pics more tomorrow as im in bed on my laptop ;) ::3: but i got 2 pics of the controller :p

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

also check benheck for the start of the worklog on my table top arcade cabnet, doing it in RM for my project and ill update twice a week hopefully

Re: wired 360 controller fix help/mod idea

It is more complicated than that, but I don't know how so, so I'll just wait for someone else to come over and explain it. :p

Jidan said:
It is more complicated than that, but I don't know how so, so I'll just wait for someone else to come over and explain it. :p
cheers dude, i didnt think it would be that simple but one can wish :tophat:

You know what, don't listen to me - a corded 360 controller? Does that mean it's already USB?

Jidan said:
You know what, don't listen to me - a corded 360 controller? Does that mean it's already USB?
a mega uber epic SIGH :hand:
lol all un-intended-possibly ofensive-jokes aside.....
yeah, it says in the title lol. i think its ok to do, what threw me is the little block right near the controller and the conection near the end of it... but if i just wire up a regular USB could it work?

You can use a usb cable to replace the existing cable, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the cable. Try plugging it into your PC and see if it's recognized.

zeturi said:
You can use a usb cable to replace the existing cable, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the cable. Try plugging it into your PC and see if it's recognized.
just tried that on my laptop and it says power surge on USB HUB port, and nothing even happened on remote....

also in the morning....well afternoon by the time i wake up lol :ninj: , ill try this and let you all know how it went :), ill cut the wire/desold/unplug.... whatever needs to be done to the controller when i take another look.. and add a new USB cable onto it in place of this cable, if it dont work, must be something to do with the mobo or something,
cheers for the help guys.... :tophat: *love this emotioncon :awesome: *

:tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat: :tophat:

Sorry about the misinformation, I didn't put two and two together, as in I didn't stop to think that corded = usb on 360. Sorry about that, Jlee be right. :dah:

to add to your suspicion of a bad cable, I also have a wired 360 controller with a cable that went bad. I cut the cable down and soldered it back into place, but that didn't last long. I'll have to try another USB cable at some point, but'll I'll have to get a multimeter to figure out what goes where.

grossaffe said:
to add to your suspicion of a bad cable, I also have a wired 360 controller with a cable that went bad. I cut the cable down and soldered it back into place, but that didn't last long. I'll have to try another USB cable at some point, but'll I'll have to get a multimeter to figure out what goes where.
call me dumb but i would'a thought you just matched the colours :sweat:

HardcoreLewscher said:
grossaffe said:
call me dumb but i would'a thought you just matched the colours :sweat:
well if you're getting a different cable, you always wanna check to make sure you've got the right connections. wouldn't want to accidentally fry something, would we?

also, couldn't help but noticed your spelling of the word 'colours'. Where you from?

dude, im english lol, that how you spell colour right lol :D

also i went out today so i didnt have time to post pics but as it stands now the wires need soldering..... so no point :-/

im great at soldering on boards and LED's ......... but 2 wires...., i realised today im crap at it *sigh* so i've left it for now..
so it works, just not at the moment lol, but only once i got 4 red rings on it :-/ otherwise fine =]

XCVG said:
Canadians spell it "colour". That's two against one.
America beat Canada in the World Junior Championship in ice hockey, you guys have no right to speak. :banstick:

Derailed topic is derailed!

That said, I always spell those words "color" and "grey." I also spell metric measures like so: "meter" and "liter", not "metre" and "litre." After all, you don't write "Let's play checkres" or "I need a glass of watre," right?

Back