Windows 8.1 Files Randomly Moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

zharrhen

This is a tricky one and it makes no sense. Files are being moved to different locations on startup. First things were disappearing from the desktop and my libraries. I found my music folder and a few pictures in my downloads folder. Some other things were found in a different folder. Nothing has been deleted from system32 or anything that important but it could happen. several antivirus programs can't find it and i've manually looked through places where viruses generally hide themselves, including hidden folders and files. If you've experienced anything like this please respond.

EDIT: I'm writing this for a friend so i don't know what websites he's visited or what he's downloaded, etc...

ProgMetalMan said:
XP is still stable as *Can'tSayThisOnTV*, can't deny that
So's slackware, go use that instead. At least it's still going to be supported 5 years down the road.

I see plenty of benefits and little in the way of actual work in upgrading from 56K. What do I truly gain from dropping XP?

Support for anything. At all.

Honestly it feels like you have some sort of fetish for xp or something. Its a flax os. Any value it had went out the window(s) the second 7 launched. You're either really inexplicably in love with it or too stupid to know how to upgrade.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Actually, asshole, I just don't feel like reinstalling a large number of programs on this PC that is supposedly on its way out. I will consider it if I run into something that is too new to support XP (other than Microsoft, it's not like I updated much during the support cycle anyway)

I think that I've well established my competence and cited an unwillingness to put forth the effort for a relatively worthless cause.

Basement_Modder said:
ProgMetalMan said:
I think that I've begun using the longest words I know in order to assert myself as an intelligent being.

I'm attempting to discredit an opponent in a pointless argument over nothing using flaxty satire.
I see.

ProgMetalMan said:
Basement_Modder said:
ProgMetalMan said:
I think that I've begun using the longest words I know in order to assert myself as an intelligent being.

I'm attempting to discredit an opponent in a pointless argument over nothing using flaxty satire.
I just attempted to discredit an opponent using a similar method to his, then claimed the method is flaxty.
Couldn't agree more.

Seriously guys, stop being dicks to each other. Yeah, we all know Prog runs XP still, but don't insult him over it because it accomplishes jack flax. And Prog, don't fall for the bait next time, just report the post and go on with your business.

I'm just going to lock this. The OP can message me if he wants it unlocked and I'll split off the offending posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back