Windows 7

i have been trying out the beta and i like it would get it if i had the money but will have to stick with XP for now.

J.D said:
I don't like Windows 7. I prefer Vista.

:dah: :dah: :dah: :dah:
How can you prefer that peace of crap. All it is is a memory hog.

Also, It pisses me off when that dude on the PC commercial says, "To me, Macs are all about aesthetics." and then he buys a friggen Vista!!! THATS ALL VISTA IS ABOUT!!! IT SUCKS!!!

Anyway, my computer can't even run Ubuntu properly. So I really can't run Windows 7 without massive slowdown.

I used it until yesterday. But then it started to glitch and freeze. So I switched back to xp. But it was very awesome while it was still working.

Just so you guys know, win7 uses less RAM at idle than Vista, about 30-50 less megs.

And, its compatibility mode, actually works perfectly!

I think everyone should at least try Win7, since its free.

I've been considering reinstalling Windows sometime this summer, so I might do that.

As for Vista, I quite like it. Works very well and I've never had any problems with it after the first few updates. If it's such a memory hog, just buy more RAM, honestly.

Actually anytime i was using it besides gaming, windows 7 only took up about 700 megs of ram. So it uses considerably less ram, about the same as xp.

I can't afford to not have my computer, don't want to risk using a beta OS. Also I'm too lazy to reinstall all my stuff.

In other words, I'm sticking with XP. I see no reason to upgrade, I have yet to see any compelling features.

XCVG said:
I can't afford to not have my computer, don't want to risk using a beta OS. Also I'm too lazy to reinstall all my stuff.

In other words, I'm sticking with XP. I see no reason to upgrade, I have yet to see any compelling features.

Well... it's not beta anymore, its release candidate. You haven't seen any compelling feature because the videos and the online tour really doesn't capture how nice this OS is. Really. Just make a 40GB partition, install it there, and try it. If you don't like it, then, format that partition and go back to using your soon-to-be-obsolete Windows XP.

You too SS.

Well once I get my new Laptop I will put Windows 7 on it.

My computer is obsolete and has been for about 7 years :hand:

I like the feel of Vista better then XP, but I do prefer XP. If they had a Vista theme for XP, I would just use XP. And if Apple OS could run all XP applications and games without Bootcamp or Wine, I would use that. This is serious business!

AfroLH said:

Ugh I meant OS obsolete, don't talk to me about computers right now(hardware, Bios, etc.) I just had to waste a couple nights screwing with the computer I bought from Palmer. I had to buy a new GFX card. Bright side: I bought a GeForce 9400 1Gb for $60.00!!!! :awesome:

lazer174300 said:
If you don't like it, then, format that partition and go back to using your soon-to-be-obsolete Windows XP.

You too SS.
Soon to be obsolete? Most netbooks use XP, not to mention that Windows for mobile is XP-based.

lazer174300 said:
AfroLH said:

Ugh I meant OS obsolete, don't talk to me about computers right now(hardware, Bios, etc.) I just had to waste a couple nights screwing with the computer I bought from Palmer. I had to buy a new GFX card. Bright side: I bought a GeForce 9400 1Gb for $60.00!!!! :awesome:

I know ou meant OS obsolete. I'm not completely retarded. :p

J.D said:
lazer174300 said:
If you don't like it, then, format that partition and go back to using your soon-to-be-obsolete Windows XP.

You too SS.
Soon to be obsolete? Most netbooks use XP, not to mention that Windows for mobile is XP-based.

Yes. They do now. But if I had any, I would bet IRL monies that by this time next year, there will be more Win7 users than XP users.

J.D said:
lazer174300 said:

You too SS.

There is a reason they are making a version of Windows 7 for netbooks. Consumer end support for XP ends THIS YEAR, and business updates end at the end of 2010. As in, at the end of the year, you stop getting security fixes, updates, patches, and anything else for XP. So yes, it is very much "soon to be obsolete".

Windows Mobile is not remotely XP based in any way, shape, or form.

Oh, and there are Vista themes for XP. ;)

Back