will this cut n64 board work?

kos

mudf78.png

and if theres any other way to make it even smaller please let me know!
oh and fyi i didnt come up with this. i just edited it.

Basement_Modder said:
Not just that. You can go smaller on the other parts.
@toast bucket:ive heard of that and ive seen some diagrams but its hard to understand. can soeone break it down for me?
@basement modder: care to tell what parts?

can someone pleae make a diagram out of mine that shows where i can cut off extra board im trying to make it small but i have no idea how to

Basement_Modder said:
w02qzm.png

Red needs no relocating, orange needs 2 traces on the back rewired, and cyan is for RCP wiring.
okay thanks! but umm im not completly sure how to rcp wire. i dont undrestand this tutorial viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2428 because im still an uber noob. help me out?
oh and i have no idea what a trace is.... :sweat:

mako321 said:
Are the caps on the bottom left area needed?
Nope. They're filtering. Just for power stability.

In fact, only 2-3 caps on the N64 board are "needed" to run it.

Also, don't RCP wire for your first N64p. Just cut where the red lines are, and ignore the orange and cyan ones.

Basement_Modder said:
mako321 said:
Are the caps on the bottom left area needed?
Nope. They're filtering. Just for power stability.

In fact, only 2-3 caps on the N64 board are "needed" to run it.

Also, don't RCP wire for your first N64p. Just cut where the red lines are, and ignore the orange and cyan ones.
okay. but di i still have to strip the board of its parts like ram etc? and i still have to re wire the cartrige slot? oh and do you know the demensions of your example? i want to know so i can design a case for it

ToastBucket said:
Why would you strip the board of it's parts?
idk i thought i had to because in the first diagram in theis thread i got it from somewhere else and all the parts of the board are missing

Back