Will this case work for a Gamecube Portable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i have been wanting to build a gamecube portable, do not fear, this is not my first portable...

It's my second. But i have participated in making 3, but i have made 1 myself, my brother made 3 of them. When he made them, i could not solder. But he tought me how to. Then i made a Portable called the ZEON64, i originnaly anticipated for it to have a cool case, but due to complications i used the original N64 case. I enjoyed making this Portable, but i want to make a Gamecube portable for my sister who likes Animal Crossing, i am doing it for her birthday which is in December (don't worry not by this december. By next december) So i have ordered everything and everything has arived except the batteries and screen. I got my case made by my cousin who lives far away, and it came. Nice and packed. I opened it. and it was CRACKED
ಠ_ಠ i have been like that all day, and my case was so awesome :( . It took so long getting here, i dont want another cracked one, it is beyond repair. So i started looking through all the cases i have and i found one, i thought there could be a posiblity of this working, anyway, i have babbled on for some time. Time for PICTURES :awesome:

i found these two resonably sized thangs :D
0908102200001.jpg

Yeah. its quite small in comparison to the GC :awesome:
0908102200002.jpg

heres how i want them stacked... its not much thinner than the GC, but it fits my hands perfectly
0908102201.jpg

OH and if you are wondering how i would like the portable to look, heres what i whiped up in paint :D but the shoulder buttons will be behind... OBV :awesome:
83077782.jpg

PS: i want the Disk drive to be external :D so i am pretty sure it will fit right?.
with mother board trimming of course ^^
oh im using a 3.5" LCD which hailrazer cales the WideScreen LCD (it isnt but it looks like it. look at his review in the screens sections :D )

ok, that was long thanks for viewing

Zainuintel

zainuintel said:
cannot solder :(
Yeah... no. Learn to solder first. If you have any pictures of your portables please put them up as it's very hard to believe that you made four portables without soldering.

then, i couldnt solder... now i can my brother soldered everything on 3 portables but then i gave a second try... and im pretty good now. i guess i typed it so fast i didn't know what i was typing. So then as i said will it work???? thanks

For cryin out loud, lets just say my brother made 3 of them... i just PUT them in the CASE, and i ORDERED the parts, i made 1 on my own, so I have made 1, so lets put FOUR out of the picture, i know portablizing is hard, thats because i joined in September 2010... but i finished MY portable in MAY 2011. THE other portables my BROTHER made. lets just say I SUCK at making cases, so i ask advice...

Now do you understand :D

zainuintel said:
what do you mean?
Specs?
Yup, sorry if you actually did make portables, it's just that there aren't many people across the modding world that join with 4 portables under their belt :confused: Also, we can't really help you with your case either, it looks like there should be enough room, but I don't know if it'll work seeing as it's not in front of me.

1244250265509.jpg

1ST Semi-PORTABLE. (This one had no batteries in it)
Sony PSONE Screen,
Original N64 Case.
Relocated card slot with IDE wire to the Back.
A small Fan from a place called Sunon
Some tact switches
original N64 controller
Controller Ports Relocated
i THINK it was a REV A mobo, cannot remember :S

2ND Semi-Portable (no batteries)
3.5" Screen i found in my garage. (no audio amp)
Audio Amp from some random speakers :D
Modified ZN-45 Casing from Polycase.
Card slot relocated with IDE wire
Medium sized fan. Generic One
Hori Mini N64
some freakishly large vents drilled by me :awesome:

3RD Portable (Finally... Batteries. Also by now the first portable has died :oops: )
Sony PSOne Screen (5.4". This came from the first portable)
Original Orange See-Through Casing :D with a JB-55 on the back for the Card slot
Card relocated to the JB-55, ran into some problems relocating it since broke small soldering

iron, so had to use large one :S
Texas Instruments PSU thingie -FREE-
Some Batteries from a Panasonic DVD player. Came with charger Sorry forgot model name :S.

Sorry
Hori Mini N64. from Portable No. 2

4th Portable (the one i made without any help)
Sony PSOne Screen. Bought from yard sale with broken PSOne
Original Black Case.
Broken Original N64 Controller (Not responding D-PAD, so i just didn't include it :S)
This was the first time i used a file to file the screen/button holes down :awesome:
This one didn't have any Extra Controller Ports. Broke them off in the making :oops:
No Batteries
Did'nt relocate the card slot. I tried... But Failed.. Hard

If i missed anything, TELL ME. my memory is WEAK :eek:

Those all sound pretty terrible, actually.

I want pictures, you can't make 4 portables and not have ANY pictures at all.

Also, if you've built 4 portables, why would you ask if a case is possible? Shouldn't you be able to figure that out yourself?
Have you done the research to see if anyone has used that as a case before?

SS

He possibly couldn't of known saying that all of his portables were made using polycase cases or original casing. so, he is asking weather this case is useable or not or if it is a bad idea to use said case.

No one has used that case before as far as i know...

i didn't say they were great.
I DIDN'T take pictures because i didn't know i would need to use it as evidence to you guys...
even if i wanted to take pictures. my father only let me get a cellphone when i am 16, i know but yeah... the pictures i took with these are at my friends house... with his phone...

*EDITS POST*
WHAT... i didn't say that. i totaly did not say that. i dont know were you got that from

i just realized what i said ROFLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back