"WiiKey 3"?

ghig

I've recently been trying to find a source for WiiKey Fusions in the UK. (I'm not asking for help on this, I daresay you don't permit such discussion)

It would appear that the WiiKey Fusion is no longer in production and that a chip referred to as the "WiiKey 3" is being produced and shipped instead. Anyone able to shed some light on this? Will it work as a WKF? I've also heard of WKF clones so I'm being quite cautious.

Again, I'm not asking for help to find a WKF. I'm asking for information regarding the WKF, potential clones and/or alternatives.

Any information on the WKF/WK3/SunKey/WODE in the context of Gamecube portablisation would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wi ... drivechips it appears there is a much larger choice than I originally realised. I'd be interested to hear which chips are compatible with the GameCube. It seems WKF is definitely favoured with all other chips being virtually unheard of in the portable community. Is there a reason for this?

thecasperrojas said:
WKF clones are confirm working and are now the alternative choice also you can buy them in the junkyard in this forum

Good to hear WKF clones are working.

I did see someone selling WKFs in the junkyard section.

Seeing as the clones work I guess I'll ignore all others!

Thanks for your help.

You know, some modchip probably works better on the GameCube than the WiiKey, one not very well tested. I mean, Luigi's Mansion STILL doesn't play...

Blargaman91 said:
You know, some modchip probably works better on the GameCube than the WiiKey, one not very well tested. I mean, Luigi's Mansion STILL doesn't play...

As it'll be my first portable, I don't think I'll be the one to bite the bullet and test out a relatively unknown mod chip! I look forward to seeing development in the use of other mod chips though.

From what I've read, it's just the NTSC version of Luigi's Mansion that doesn't play? Just load up a PAL version and you should be fine?

Blargaman91 said:
like which other modchips?
there are very few drive replacements available for wii....
and only drive replacements will work because all others are modchips are DVD drive patchers which require the wii dvd drive...

so if you wanted to use a wii drive patcher, then you need to connect the wii DVD to gamecube and install a modchip on the drive with a Wiikey 1 or Wiikey2 type modchip, or install a modchip inline between the gamecube and wii dvd drive with a DriveKey type modchip

Oh, um... well I guess I did not look very closely. But the Wode, for one, does work better than a Wiikey, right? I know it's pretty big in comparison.

public-pervert said:
Luigi's Mansion PAL works even on a NTSC GameCube.

What? I didn't think I was doing anything wrong. I only get a really messed up picture using the PAL version, and occasionally an okay picture with messed up colors. How would you make it work?

I might be wrong, only cause I haven't played any gc with my wkf but, hold the B button while bootijg and it will ask if you want to change to a compatible screen format. Or something like that.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

Back