Wii Portable Questions

Not sure if this question falls under here. I am currently making a Wii Portable using an official Wii U Shell like this (Picture is not mine all credit goes to original owner).
$_57.JPG

And I was wondering if it is possible to put a untrimmed Wii Board in a Wii-U Controller shell or in a hard protective case. and also wondering if I can hook up the buttons and joy stick that comes with the shell to a gamecube controller if possible. Thanks

Wow, how do you get those? I've always wanted to get an official shell and buttons.

Yes, you can connect the joystickS and buttons to an official GC controller, but you'll probably need the Wii U Gamepad motherboard for the buttons. The buttons contacts are all graphite and there's no metal to solder to until the other end of the FFC connector on the motherboard.

Untrimmed Wii boards will not fit inside protective cases, so they won't fit in the shell. You will need to cut off more than just the ground plain

Ok thanks for your help. Turns out I may not be able to put this in a Wii-U shell. I will experiment how far to cut the Wii motherboard.

SuperMarioGio said:
I will experiment how far to cut the Wii motherboard.
If you do, sand a lot with fine sand paper after trimming. You can't sand too much to separate those hidden layers.

I had the idea that you could take a Wii U Pro controller and use the buttons contacts inside since they are traditional metal on a circuit board and they should be easier to use.

Blargaman91 said:
SuperMarioGio said:
I will experiment how far to cut the Wii motherboard.
If you do, sand a lot with fine sand paper after trimming. You can't sand too much to separate those hidden layers.

I had the idea that you could take a Wii U Pro controller and use the buttons contacts inside since they are traditional metal on a circuit board and they should be easier to use.

Yes that is true sanding too less shorts the board because the layers will touch each other. I actually experimented that I only had to cut and sand the grounding strips of the board with the dremel and the bottom grounding strip in order to fit the board in the Wii U protective case. So its all good.

Back