Wii DVD/Wiikey Fusion/WODE (sd/hdd loading) on Gamecube

double post :hit:

Having a mac and all, I can't use WBFS Manager v4.0 to load up ISO's to my SD card.

But I just dragged each game ISO onto the card manually. Will the wiikey fusion be able to read the games? They are literally just sitting on my 8GB SDHC card? If not, is there an alternative to WBFS Manager v4.0??? I tried to find a mac version, but had no luck....I suppose I could contact wiikey support.

Maybe boot linux from a live CD and run WBFS manager through wine? A bit trouble, not guaranteed to work, but it's free. :confused:

I have a Mac, too, but it's very essential to have either Parallels or Dual Boot. I have both as I have to run exes on a daily basis.

hidiosoman said:
I have a Mac, too, but it's very essential to have either Parallels or Dual Boot. I have both as I have to run exes on a daily basis.

I have Virtualbox. Its perfect except it won't detect my SD card reader even after I installed the extensions for Virtualbox.

And I can't figure out how to use the mac version WFBS. It won't detect anything, my reader, my ISO, nothing. EDIT: apparently even the mac os x version won't be able to detect my Sd card reader to WFBS format it. ugh. Could I just make 5 partitions and put a separate game in each partition? or is it more complicated than that for wiikey fusion.

Sorry if this is all too off topic, Ashen :sweat:

Tchay said:
Could I just make 5 partitions and put a separate game in each partition? or is it more complicated than that for wiikey fusion.
Sorry man, It needs to be WBFS :/

Tchay said:
Sorry if this is all too off topic, Ashen :sweat:
Don't make me slap you. its all relevant info :D

I didn't know the Wiikey Fusion needs to be formatted to WBFS. WBFS is so annoying and outdated. :/

I'm guessing you can't use FAT32 and .wbfs files?

Good news!! Mac users aren't screwed!! :mrgreen:

By using VirtualBox and doing some minor tweaking, I got the cardreader to register on my virtual windows XP. I just WFBS formatted it and am currently adding my 6 games to it. :awesome:

If any of you mac users need help getting it to work, PM me and I'll walk you through the process. Its really easy.

Seems lots of people are having trouble/issues getting this working properly. I've updated the pinmatch diagram and direct copied my guide from GC-Forever to the first post of this thread here to (hopefully) aid people in getting this working. I will be updating both this guide and my boardcutting guide in the near future with some more useful clearer pics and such. Need to make time to get it all done though.

I'll also be starting a Wiikey troubleshooting thread when I have some time. I really don't mind trying to help people out in PM's but I think a thread dedicated to troubleshooting would be better than me just guessing what the problem could be all the time. Two (or more) heads are always better than one!

Ashen, I think we can use less wires, I cannot test my theories as I killed my FFC cable, but it should work.
Actually, there's no traces on pin 2 4 6 17 and 20 on the wiikey fusion and pin 16 and 18 arre bridged.
SO, i think that we only need pin 8 10 12 14 as ground. Futhermore, testing should be done by putting not any GND on the FFC cable but only one from the pad labeled "0" on the wiikey. Pin 17 may not be needed too.
I finally found out something :lol:
Here's the proof :
110529094827461311.png

EDIT:just watched thee wiikey 3 seconds more and...pins 8 10 are not connected too. Which means that only pins 12 and 14 are needed for the GND (the "0" Ground should'nt work, but, we never know, 'cause there is something strange, pin 19 is linked to pin 14, putting a dataline on a GND is strange to me, the cap might only be here for filtering reasons)

Actually, I hate to say it. But I thought this to be true at one point also. Closer inspection with a multimeter will tell you that all of those ground pins do actually go to a common ground though. Whether they are all truly needed or not... I cant say for sure. But its safer just to connect them all to provide a good ground to the system.

I've done an high res pic with the vias corresponding to the actual gc connector numbers if anyone needs it (clickable thumbnail)...

EDIT:
I've also did a pic of my fusion and kill00man is absolutely right!
As you see pins 2,4,6,8 etc are all connected to the gnd common plane, i've also found out with my multimeter that we can hook the 3,3volts to the 3 pad as pin 32 is directly connected there :p
But i don't think we can leave pin 17 disconnected as it goes to a via...
Still have to test this setup tho, btw here it is:
Fusion.jpg

EDIT2:
I tried this afternoon and it works, you don't need to connect all the ground pins, only one.

I made this diagram for if you use the adaptor for the WiiKey Fusion, it is as of yet untested.
CBfb5.png

Ok, I finally got around to playing with a fusion last night and got everything working properly except the switch/eject. All you need to do for that is wire a push to make tact switch between pin 29(wiikey) and 1.9v(gc) - that's it - no ground. Also, just fyi, wiikey firmware 1.0 works fine with pal gc's.

βeta said:
I made this diagram for if you use the adaptor for the WiiKey Fusion, it is as of yet untested.

I think you've forgot pin 12 (lid switch) and 14 of the gamecube...

Back