Why can't I remove this screw

D.J

The Official Ghost/Reaper of ModRetro
Today, I recieved in the mail a 4.5 Gamebit and used it to unscrew five out of six screws. The sixth won't budge when using trhe screwdriver it simply stays in place.

I now know why they call them the screws of suffering because I have been trying to unscrew this one screw for around 3 hours.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

DJ711 said:
Today, I recieved in the mail a 4.5 Gamebit and used it to unscrew five out of six screws. The sixth won't budge when using trhe screwdriver it simply stays in place.

I now know why they call them the screws of suffering because I have been trying to unscrew this one screw for around 3 hours.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
Put some solder on the tip of your soldering iron, hold it on the screw for about 10 seconds, then take both halves of the case and pull as hard and as quick as you can. The screw should just pop right out with one half of the case.

The tip of my soldering iron doesn't even touch the screw

DJ711 said:
Which screw is it? And if you only have one left, and you don't plan on putting it back together, just pull both halves apart and the case will break, and you can take out all 26 or so screws :lol:

eurddrue said:
DJ711 said:
Which screw is it? And if you only have one left, and you don't plan on putting it back together, just pull both halves apart and the case will break, and you can take out all 26 or so screws :lol:
where the label is to the left is the screw.

YES! I just tore the case apart and broke it in two.

PS. What kind of screws are on the metal shielding?

Alright so I can't seem to remove those scews on the shielding. What size phillips screwdriver should I be using?

DJ711 said:
Alright so I can't seem to remove those scews on the shielding. What size phillips screwdriver should I be using?
You should probably use the biggest one you can find that isn't larger than the screw head :lulz:

I have a large screwdriver that comes to a very pointy tip, so it can get out the tiny screws on the jumper pak slot, and the big ones on the heatsinks. (With a fair bit of pressure, of course. ;) )

Edit- OH NOES, I BEN DE-SIGGED!

Back