Why am I getting the standard error?

zack

I bought an "as is" gamecube off ebay, which was described as not reading discs. I figured it was just a disc drive issue, so since I'm using a wiikey fusion, that wont matter. I tested the gamecube with a working disc drive (with xeno gc) but there still seems to be an issue. When powering on, the gamecube seems to load the disc fine, but then stops and I get this standard error message.
62mc.jpg

The board IS a bit dirty.. I'm not sure what happened to it but there seems to be rust and some type of white substance covering the board. Tried cleaning this, including the DD connector, but still am getting the error message.
8hm7.jpg

Anyone know why this error occurs and what else I could try?
Do you think if I wired up my wiikey+swiss anyways, it would work with that?

So I lifted the disc drive by a few millimeters, and suddenly the disc drive works and the game loaded.

moyakong said:
Zack i have the same error any trick to give me please?
Apparently mine was due to a bad connection between the disc drive and mobo. If you're using a disc drive, I would recommend cleaning the connection with rubbing alcohol and making sure the disc drive is inserted evenly, meaning it's not sitting crooked. That's what happened to mine.

Back