Who wants to help me build a gaming PC?

D.J

The Official Ghost/Reaper of ModRetro
So, Zero has convinced me to look into PCs after I was looking at gaming laptops. So, I got a 1000 dollar budget for a desktop that has to fit in a small college dorm room. Who wants to help me build it, as I have no idea what the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* to do?

Are you talking "build" as in select the parts, or literally putting the thing together?

Gaming laptop. :p
A laptop would be usable in your room and for class, so if you need a laptop anyway...
I have an ASUS G60VX and an Alienware M11x R1, if you want to ask any questions.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

For the CPU, I recommend a sandy bridge i5, the 2500k is the best one. For the motherboard, I think a P67 (chipset) will suit your needs.

The "Build" as in parts.

I was looking at all Asus branded laptops. I like their style the best and the pricing.

MSI P67 B3 mobo
560Ti Hawk/TwinFrozr2, non-reference 2GB 6950 or 6950
4-6 gigs of DDR3 G-Skill memory, cheap but reliable
Good Noctua fans for your case and CPU cooler
Seasonic or Corsair PSU rated at 500w or more

Dang, both of those are hella nice. I wish my parents would buy me something like that :p

J.D said:
Dang, both of those are hella nice. I wish my parents would buy me something like that :p
Perks of having a birthday in July and graduation from High school.

Definitely get the smaller one, you'll be miserable if you ever wanna haul that thing to class.

Back