which is the protection pcb?

themadhacker

Crazy Train
I got these batteries out of an external battery pack for my polaroid dvd player.

But I am confused on which part is the protection pcb.

there is one thing that was soldered to the batteries in the pack, but then they plugged into the dvd player into this other thing.

the batteries with the hardwired circuit board
100_0137.jpg

the circuit board that it plugs into from the dvd player
100_0138.jpg

actually, I have no idea what to charge them with either. maybe I will just use the charger for the dvd player.

That's the protection circuit.

The dvd player charger should probably work, post the voltage and amperage here just in case.

The protection circuit will always be connected directly to the battery as it also prevents overdischarge, shorts, etc., things that could happen while not plugged into the dvd player.

actually five minutes later I followed the traced on the dvd player and found that the second thing goes directly to the jack where the dvd charger goes in. So I guess I need both, which sucks in a way because I am tight on space already. Maybe I will put the second part into a radioshack project box and make it external, so I plug the dvd charger into that and then plug it into the portable. That would be best, so I can still use the dvd charger for my dvd player.

They're different things?

Odd.

I'm pretty sure you need both.

Actually, the second thing might be a charging circuit.

Back