Which is smaller?

pLover

Apparently plover is a type of bird.
I want to know what would make a smaller SNESp: A MiniSNES or a RetroDuo with the NES part taken out?

Thank you.

Alright. Now would a RetroDuo also work for making a SNESp from Ben's book, or do you need a MiniSNES?

pLover said:
Alright. Now would a RetroDuo also work for making a SNESp from Ben's book, or do you need a MiniSNES?

RetroDuo isn't covered in the book.
Although from what I have researched it is Much easier to portabalize.

Go on Benheck and look at some stickies on the SNES section. They have Loads of info on the RetroDuo.

The RetroDuo is smaller and ARGUBLY easier to portabilize, but it still is a clone, which means it's not perfect. The mini-SNES is bigger but more compatible, unfortunately it has become expensive. The full-size SNES is quite large but can be trimmed, but I wouldn't recommend it for a first portable.

If you want I can take the retro dou info and post it here. I have the pinout pages book marked or a link.
On another note the nes side will run off 2 aa's

XCVG said:
banditpaw1 said:

Really? I thought nobody got the NES side to work alone.

I don't think it can.. I thought there were some parts on the SNES side that the NES side needed to be able to run.

Maybe he tried powering the whole thing on " 2 aa's " and only the NES side worked?

XCVG said:
banditpaw1 said:

The NES side should take 5V (I think) and 5V> 3V so banditpaw1 probably meant to say 4 AAs, or at least should have said that.

Edit: Well, I stand corrected. It seems the little bugger tried it and is reporting that it worked.

neverused said:
XCVG said:
banditpaw1 said:

The NES side should take 5V (I think) and 5V> 3V so banditpaw1 probably meant to say 4 AAs, or at least should have said that.

Edit: Well, I stand corrected. It seems the little bugger tried it and is reporting that it worked.

But some part of the SNES side must have been working, then, as the NES side won't work if the SNES side doesn't.

banditpaw1 said:
If you want I can take the retro dou info and post it here. I have the pinout pages book marked or a link.
bullflax.

eurddrue said:
banditpaw1 said:
bullflax.

O Hai guyz.

I just maid mi tv runs off of a AAA betary.

:wtf:

eurddrue said:
banditpaw1 said:
bullflax.
mega +1
AfroLH said:
eurddrue said:
banditpaw1 said:
bullflax.

O Hai guyz.

I just maid mi tv runs off of a AAA betary.

:wtf:
YOO HAS!?

Back