Which Crystal oscillator are the right ones for the gamcube

Hey.
So my gamecube broke and i located the issue pretty quickly. The Crystal oscillator broke off the motherboard and i cant solder it back on since the wire broke off too. So i need a pair of new ones but i cant find the right mhz online so i cant order them. What mhz does the gamecube run on? Which Crystal oscillator should i use?

Re: Which Crystal oscillator are the right ones for the gamc

What crystal oscillator are you referring to? There are different ones on the GC mobo.

Aurelio said:
What crystal oscillator are you referring to? There are different ones on the GC mobo.
The one in the top right corner. Its mear the memory card sockets

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

The cylindrical one? That's the RTC clock. It should be a standard 32768 Hz one.
Anyway I don't think that's the reason why your gc broke. It should still be able to turn on.

Aurelio said:
The cylindrical one? That's the RTC clock. It should be a standard 32768 Hz one.
Anyway I don't think that's the reason why your gc broke. It should still be able to turn on.
It does but its a slowmotion glitchfest oviously caused by a low clockspeed. I managed to reattach the old one and the glitching stopped. Thou it shorted afterwards and now im back to the glitching. The crystal is missing one of its legs thats why i cant properly reattach it and its much cheaper to just buy a couple new ones than trying to carefully insert a cable into it.

Aurelio said:
Thats not the right one. Ive marked the one im talking about on this picture :D
6c646a0a29aa189f0f1459c58aec30aa.jpg

I'm not sure about that. It might be a 49.84 MHz

Because on different revisions it's labeled SN49.84

Aurelio said:
I cant find one with 49.84 mhz. I guess 50 is fine?

Moustachespy said:
Aurelio said:
I cant find one with 49.84 mhz. I guess 50 is fine?

Hmm not sure. You could try that

Hermaphroditus, resident EE, suggested you try it. If it works, games might run .3% faster, with a slight shift in audio pitch or other audio issues.

Back