When using super glue...

I got some really good super glue for auto use the other day. I discovered something useful....
Keep tissues or cloths nearby!!!! This stuff seems to get everywhere. I now have it all over my hands, because I was trying to do one little part on a case.

Don't use acetone, are you kidding? Use rubbing alcohol. Acetone is horrible to have on your skin.

Acetone is only horrible if you leave it on. If you get acetone on your finger wash it off, youll be fine. if you leave it on, it'll dry out your skin pretty good. In order for it to truly damage anything, you'd have to leave your finger in it for a pretty good length of time. Or light it on fire.

Acetone is either slightly irritating or not irritating, based on animal and limited human information. Application of 1 mL of acetone in a small glass tube to six male volunteers for 30 or 90 minutes resulted in only mild redness and swelling at 90 minutes.
The risk of developing health effects following the absorption of acetone through unbroken skin is very slight.

From a medical study.

If my skin dries out, that's too bad. I'll put lotion on it. Not to worried about the irritating part, I get that normally. I've got some nerve damage. If I get any inside my skin from a cut or something I'll let you guys know what happens.

Rubbing alcohol is useless for getting CA off. I wouldn't soak my hands in acetone every day, but using a little bit to get CA or nail polish off every so often isn't too bad.

Back