When do you guys start school?

Move in tomorrow, take some classes for three days, and the actual semester starts on the 23rd. I didn't realize that it was already the end of summer already. I don't think it's hit me yet.

Antome said:
geno whirl said:
Do you go to all year school?
... Summer holiday being logically from before christmas through to the end of febuary logically.

Yeah, New Zealand do terms.
How logical.
Logically.

:dah:
That's awesome! In Sydney, Australia, our summer holiday is usually from 17th December up to end of January. 6-7 weeks, thats the longest we get. Then it's the term system to, because we're logical too :rofl:

I'm probably going to do summer classes too, this time around. I did it last time I went to Uni. Moves at a faster pace and smaller class sizes. Two wonderful advantages over huge lecture halls crammed with idiots there because mommy and daddy said go to school or get a job.

YES! I will be attending college for sure, starting on the 30th of this month.

Soon I will dash through flaming buildings, 50 lbs lighter (despite the extra 50 lbs in equipment), saving the lives of strangers. (And perhaps yoshilime one day, since we do live in the same city.) :cry4: :mrgreen:

Went to Open House today.

It.
Was.
Awesome.

First day wearing my new belt buckle, and it was awesome. Nice things were said to me! :awesome:

SS

dave said:
Antome said:
geno whirl said:
Do you go to all year school?
... Summer holiday being logically from before christmas through to the end of febuary logically.

Yeah, New Zealand do terms.
How logical.
Logically.

That's awesome! In Sydney, Australia, our summer holiday is usually from 17th December up to end of January. 6-7 weeks, thats the longest we get. Then it's the term system to, because we're logical too :rofl:
ShockSlayer said:
Went to Open House today.

It.
Was.
Awesome.

First day wearing my new belt buckle, and it was awesome. Nice things were said to me! :awesome:

SS

Seriously though, that's cool.
*Continues to be lost in thought*

I start on the 7th. I don't really have anything cool to look forward to... Other than having four electives and it being my Senior year.

zeturi said:
YES! I will be attending college for sure, starting on the 30th of this month.

Soon I will dash through flaming buildings, 50 lbs lighter (despite the extra 50 lbs in equipment), saving the lives of strangers. (And perhaps yoshilime one day, since we do live in the same city.) :cry4: :mrgreen:
My brother is a firefighter/paramedic! That's nifty that someone on MR is gonna be one. Best of luck.

I go back tomorrow. I picked up my schedule today and got all the easy classes I signed up for. Yay for barely scraping by!

I started on the 19th.

And I will end sometime in June.

In Missouri, at least four snow days are expected each year, hence the long school year.

Anybody else who thinks homework is the most foulest thing on Earth?

Royal said:
I started on the 19th.

And I will end sometime in June.

In Missouri, at least four snow days are expected each year, hence the long school year.

Anybody else who thinks homework is the most foulest thing on Earth?
Homework isn't TOO bad. You get used to it. Also, here in Houston they assume around 4 foul weather days as well. I remember whenever Ike went through I missed 2 weeks of school due to power outages and flooding...and large trees blocking roads. We didn't have to make up those 2 weeks in summer, though, 'cause we got some government waiver :awesome:

themadhacker said:
I go back tomorrow. I picked up my schedule today and got all the easy classes I signed up for. Yay for barely scraping by!
Pretty much the same for me. Since I waited to enroll two weeks before my college started, I was forced to take a bunch of easies to make up my 12 credits. :lol:

I enrolled two weeks ago, and started yesterday. lol I'm having serious doubts about my courseload, though. I'm not sure I can balance my three jobs with it. I can't afford to stop working any of them, though. Gotta eat, gotta keep a house, gotta keep a car.

Ugh, that sucks. Well, good luck Tibia! I know this is sorta obvious, but try not to get burnt out.

What jobs do you work at?

I'm a music minister at a church, which is a seven day a week job. I teach piano, flute, and recorder. I also work at my cousin's computer repair shop. I worry because I know I'm flax at time management, and I'm ADD. Gonna be a fun ride. *sigh*

Back