Wheel Potentiometer LM386

Hello all,

I seen the diagram with the LM386, yet i was wondering how would i wire a Wheel Potentiometer to the mix?

the diagram i am referring to is
easylm386.jpg

the wheel potentiometer i am referring to is
shrink.jpg

Any help on this issue would be very much appreciated.

Its an audio amplifier circuit. It sucks.

Personally, I would wire the wheel pot on the audio in, but you could also put it on power, or audio out.

used this setup for sound in my zephyr 64 the outside legs are ground so you dont need to worry about those three inner legs are basically the same as a pot. this amp works pretty good gets pretty loud though and crackly worked fine nice diagram

Hrduncan said:
used this setup for sound in my zephyr 64 the outside legs are ground so you dont need to worry about those three inner legs are basically the same as a pot. this amp works pretty good gets pretty loud though and crackly worked fine nice diagram

sorry for bump, but if anyone comes across this this is misinformation

Place it with the pins pointing down and the 5-pin edge facing toward you. From left to right, the pins are:

1) Common (GND for audio use)
2) R1 Wiper (Out 1 for audio)
3) R2 Wiper (Out 2 for audio)
4) R2 End (In 2 for audio)
5) R1 End (In 1 for audio)

Source: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=3064080

samjc3 said:
Its an audio amplifier circuit. It sucks.

Personally, I would wire the wheel pot on the audio in, but you could also put it on power, or audio out.
nononononono

No.

You put a potentiometer on the input. Not the power or output, because that will fry either your amp or pot.

As for those 5/6-pin pots, they're stereo pots. They all have different pinouts, so you'll have to figure out what pin is what. It's really just two pots that are controlled with the same knob.

Mario said:
samjc3 said:
As for those 5/6-pin pots, they're stereo pots. They all have different pinouts, so you'll have to figure out what pin is what. It's really just two pots that are controlled with the same knob.

I just assumed it was the one radioshack sells as that's the image from their website which is one i just purchased and that was the pinout :p

Back