what to use for n64 case mold

comrade91

So ive made the vacuum former and now ive been wondering what to make the black for the case should be made out of? Foam, wood?

I do wood because I am comfortable with it. If you have a background in that sort of thing, go for it. Foam would work, clay would work. A composite of materials would be fine too.

Wood/MDF or clay as mentioned are the usual choices. I've heard of using foam, but I think you would have to fiberglass it or something to prevent premature disintegration.

XCVG said:
I've heard of using foam, but I think you would have to fiberglass it or something to prevent premature disintegration.
Depends on the foam. It's not like you're heating the mold too.

βeta said:
XCVG said:
I've heard of using foam, but I think you would have to fiberglass it or something to prevent premature disintegration.
Depends on the foam. It's not like you're heating the mold too.

But it's still gonna have hot plastic on it, no?

mog123 said:
βeta said:
I do wood because I am comfortable with it.

this :dahroll:
I saw that and thought the same thing, but in my recent attempts to make a mold while I wait on my vacuum forming parts to get in I found the really hard foam they use for walls sometimes to work well as if cuts/sands easily and is really durable. Someone (I forgot who) used this foam to build his tower in his back yard and I found some we had laying around it worked really well.

Back